gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 08:00:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Peforming at Hollywood Bowl :)  (Read 5204 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2012, 10:27:06 PM »

F*ck Yeah!I seen on the news they are performing there In June!! Finally in my area i'm so going Smiley
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/02/beach-boys-to-play-hollywood-bowl.html
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »

Which reminds me.....

How would the adminstrators feel about creating a separate board devoted just to the tour?  So then we could devote a thread to each tour stop so fans can post ticket woes, stories, pictures and reviews of each show?  I think it'd be a shame if all these shows were crammed into these threads on this main board and then also everyone will crowd up this page with people creating threads for each show they go to (like this one now)....so don't you think we should have a separate area? 

At the moment we have the concert review section but maybe a quick renaming of that section and we can start moving the conversation there?
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:40 PM »

Is there any presale password info for this show, or is it just an American Express presale?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »

So, um... THAT'S THIS WEEKEND. THIS WEEKEND!

I am so frothing at the mouth excited about this and the Irvine show!

I wonder what surprises the hometown crowd will get!

We know California Saga is doing "one or two" numbers at the Bowl and an opening set in Irvine....

New rule: if the kids come, Stamos has to stay home.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »

So, um... THAT'S THIS WEEKEND. THIS WEEKEND!

I am so frothing at the mouth excited about this and the Irvine show!

I wonder what surprises the hometown crowd will get!

We know California Saga is doing "one or two" numbers at the Bowl and an opening set in Irvine....

so i'm actually going to the irvine show Smiley and i'm excite i made my girlfriend go with me!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »

Man, it'd be great for Mike Love to finally "accept loss forever" and agree to do Our Prayer to open the second set. It would certainly be classier than continuing to quibble with VDP's lyrics in every other interview on the subject and what a powerful, healing image that would be as the sun sets at the Hollywood Bowl. Keep asking to do it, Al!

Plus, it's great showmanship. For this alone you'd think he'd agree.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:16:30 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »

Man, it'd be great for Mike Love to finally "accept loss forever" and agree to do Our Prayer to open the second set. It would certainly be classier than continuing to quibble with VDP's lyrics in every other interview on the subject and what a powerful, healing image that would be as the sun sets at the Hollywood Bowl. Keep asking to do it, Al!

Plus, it's great showmanship. For this alone you'd think he'd agree.

I think in the ZinPak Mike mentions that he'd love to do some acapella numbers. So, I don't think he'd have a problem with that. But Prayer is a b*tch of a song to perform and I don't know if they could do it.

I don't think it got anything to do with VDP's lyrics as he didn't write any for Prayer

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »

Jardine is quoted recently as saying he tried to get Our Prayer in but Mike didn't want to. I'm sure someone will provide a link.

I'm just saying, doing Our Prayer will go a lot further to show the Beach Boys are reunited with much less bad blood than occasionally still complaining about the lyrics, not that Our Prayer is full of brilliant VDP wordplay. It'd just be an incredibly powerful moment for them, if they don't include it on the PBS special or DVDs they are missing a great opportunity for some serious showbiz razzle dazzle AND a Significant Message(TM)

This would be a good time for any band member reading this to search his feelings and know this to be true. NOW PIPE UP, SONNY!

Alternately, opening with that would sure get the crowd on California Saga's side. Hint hint.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:31:22 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

Like it!

However I think a poster on the brit site said he will be there. Don't know how he knows.

A close family member is going to the show on my recommendation also. Great seat in the front section I understand. Looking forward to hearing some positive comments the next day.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:03 PM »

Jardine is quoted recently as saying he tried to get Our Prayer in but Mike didn't want to. I'm sure someone will provide a link.

Yeah, sure but my point was that I don't think Mike didn't go into Prayer because it's too hard to do. And Al can bring in any song he wants to play because his voice is still as solid as in the old days but the others probably would have some problems with that song imo

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:48 PM »

Good (?) LA Times article

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/05/a-beach-boys-homecoming-at-the-hollywood-bowl.html
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »

Their points about why "Come Go With Me" and "Why Do Fools Fall In Love" get played instead of "I Can Hear Music" is sooo true.  If you want to limit Jeff's vocals, then just sub out WDFFIL for ICHM. 

Ditto for California Dreaming over California (though brian sings california dreaming so well I can forgive it).
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 08:31:02 PM »

Since it is a Los Angeles homecoming, how about some local celebrity musicians to join the guys on stage for a couple of songs?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:18 PM »

So what are the odds California Saga plays... California Saga? Probably higher for the Irvine set. 
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »

Is there a rain dance we can do to keep Stamos off the stage?
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »

Since it is a Los Angeles homecoming, how about some local celebrity musicians to join the guys on stage for a couple of songs?

No thanks

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
jamsvet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »

Please no Stamos. and no celebrities. They had their chance to pay 1400 for the meet and greet.
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 07:17:08 AM »

Today is gonna be a hell of a day for me (and for all of us who are going I presume):

My first Beach Boys Show.  My first Hollywood Bowl show.

AND my first feature film premieres this afternoon just down the street at the Chinese 6 Theatres. [http://www.theexquisitecorpseproject.com/, if you're interested]

Woke up at 6am and just couldn't get back to sleep. Here we go.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

Today is gonna be a hell of a day for me (and for all of us who are going I presume):

My first Beach Boys Show.  My first Hollywood Bowl show.

AND my first feature film premieres this afternoon just down the street at the Chinese 6 Theatres. [http://www.theexquisitecorpseproject.com/, if you're interested]

Congrats! ... and thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out.

I was levitating several inches off the ground before my first feature was inflicted on an actual paying audience instead of friends -- I can't imagine combining that feeling with a first BBs concert AND a first trip to the Bowl! Drink plenty of fluids.

My eyes have been snapping open every hour or so for the past 5. I guess it's time to be awake now. AHGHHGHGHGHGHG! AHHGHGHGHGHGHHGGH!

(runs around like a headless chicken)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:36:02 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

Thanks!

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »

My first Beach Boys Show.  My first Hollywood Bowl show.

Man, that's quite a day!  So, who are you???  Did you direct "The Exquisite Corpse Project", or are you one of the five writers?  Film looks incredibly interesting...  Wish I could join you at the screening of it today, but I'm just too hyped about tonite myself!  Please do keep us posted about any future screenings.  And curious to hear how much you dig the show, and The Bowl...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2012, 06:14:49 AM »

I just found this pic of the BBs at the Hollywood Bowl that I'd never seen before. Already posted it in the media section but I think it fits in here nicely as well

Save file and the open it. It's bigger
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:15:51 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx