gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 10:31:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do You Like Holidays  (Read 1676 times)
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »

After reading Holy Bee's post over in the Do You Like Worms thread, I found that I couldn't stop thinking about his theory.  It's not that it's likely (it's not), it's weirdly compelling though, and I started to think: I wonder what a finished Holiday's with Do You Like Worms lyrics might have sounded like?  Soon, I found myself singing Worms lyrics to Brian's snippet of Holiday's melody in the shower.  And then, I decided to finish it myself!

I present you with: Do You Like Holidays!

http://orkinpod.bandcamp.com/track/do-you-like-holidays

Note: there have been a few surprisingly rude responses to a few fan edits and mixes and experiments on this board recently, and so I'd just like to clarify: I did this for fun.  Not because I think that I have some secret key to what Smile would have sounded like, or because I'm just as talented as Brian Wilson and Gosh Darnit my Holidays is the only one!  In fact, my version of Holidays only took about an hour, and it features me singing vocal arrangements I made up as I went, and it basically all around sucks compared to the original.  But I think it is fun to listen to, and fun to think about what a finished Holidays might have sounded like, so I did it anyway.  If you have positive comments, great, if you have constructive feedback, fine, but please don't tell me that "not to be rude but this friggin sucks."  It's just for fun.
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:10 PM »

Goodness!  Grin  You somehow remind me a little of Camper Van Beethoven's Tusk! And that's not a criticism!  Cool

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »

Not bad for an hour! The end is the best! I really like that! Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Song Of The Grange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:49:45 PM »

Well done and thought provoking too. I am loving this (to me at least) new phenomenon on the board of people posting home made speculative Smile recordings.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »

I'm sure it sounded great in the shower. Smiley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »

I love the "ROLL OVERRRRRRRRR" part. Fits well.

Well done. I love to sing myself but have always been self-conscious. Then again, we're all better then Jasper Dailey.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »

I love the "ROLL OVERRRRRRRRR" part. Fits well.

Well done. I love to sing myself but have always been self-conscious. Then again, we're all better then Jasper Dailey.
We could all do covers of tetter totter love.... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »

i enjoyed this
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx