gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:23:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for AGD  (Read 3549 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:32:04 PM »

Forgive me if this has been asked before..It was my impression that the 2cd SS was the official release and the box set was a LIMITED EDITION set.... Since your an Insider  what is your impression in the BB/BW camp about how long this box set will be available.. ?..Reason why i am asking is i cannot afford this box set in the near future and going to other boards i find this to be the case for quite a few people.. Im guessing it would be available a year or less.. Since this an expensive item to manufacturer not surprised its a limited edition..Also on Amazon USA i find no mention of it being limited edition at this time unless i need new glasses..! If you can answer this question or anybody else in the know would be greatly appreciated.. When that box set gets deleted it will be sky"s the limit.. Bothers me to no end i cant afford the box set right now.. Actually it hurts.!!..hope they keep it in print for awhile..THX AGD. Enjoy your posts..
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:38:04 PM »

I'm not AGD but I don;'t mind speculating.

I'd guess that the 2CD will be in print later tho' not as a box - probably available in a jewel case. The 1xCD might even last longer. Hopefully the box set, tho' I'd expect it to be out of catalogue quite soon, will still be available as a download from Amazon, and maybe there'll be a cheaper boxed edition, without the vinyl, in the longer term.

That's based on what's happened with other sets & limited editions I've been familiar with in the past -  POB/Bambu (still available in jewel cases as a 1 or 2CD), the Simon & Garfunkel packages (which seem to grow in size as their prices drop, which kinda cheats the fans who buy on Day One) primarily.

But I'll defer to anything AGD has to offer, of course.

“We live in divisive times.”
Bleachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »

You needn't worry about that
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »

The single CD isn't available in America, FWIW.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »

uh, I am buying it from Amazon USA as an "import".  It's shipping in a day or so.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »

Forgive me if this has been asked before..It was my impression that the 2cd SS was the official release and the box set was a LIMITED EDITION set.... Since your an Insider  what is your impression in the BB/BW camp about how long this box set will be available.. ?..Reason why i am asking is i cannot afford this box set in the near future and going to other boards i find this to be the case for quite a few people.. Im guessing it would be available a year or less.. Since this an expensive item to manufacturer not surprised its a limited edition..Also on Amazon USA i find no mention of it being limited edition at this time unless i need new glasses..! If you can answer this question or anybody else in the know would be greatly appreciated.. When that box set gets deleted it will be sky"s the limit.. Bothers me to no end i cant afford the box set right now.. Actually it hurts.!!..hope they keep it in print for awhile..THX AGD. Enjoy your posts..

Firstly, the compliment is appreciated but I'm not an insider, nor would I want to be.  I'm just persistent. Shocked

Secondly, the box set was originally described in the March press release as a limited edition (the 2CD set is the 'regular' version), but since then I've heard no further info on that, and if there is a number on it I can't find it.  Grin

I think the box will be around for some time yet, but I'll ask around.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »

Another question for AGD.

The LPs apparently have tracks that aren't on the CD.  I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

And do you think they will be released online/iiTunes at some point?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

The LPs apparently have tracks that aren't on the CD.  I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

I'm staring very hard at the LPs. Seems to be working...  Cool

I've little doubt the vinyl-exclusive material will see CD/download daylight sooner or later. Maybe even legally.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 04:11:23 PM »

I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

Places it on one finger, spins it as quickly as possible.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »

The LPs apparently have tracks that aren't on the CD.  I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

I'm staring very hard at the LPs. Seems to be working...  Cool

I've little doubt the vinyl-exclusive material will see CD/download daylight sooner or later. Maybe even legally.

LOL

Mahalo!  Hope so!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

The least you could do is smile.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »

Really? Sweet!

"I heard the word -- wonderful thing -- a children's song."
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »

I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

After viewing AGD's avatar pic, I can picture in my mind, him doing just that.  Grin

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »

After viewing AGD's avatar pic, I can picture in my mind, him doing just that.  Grin

Heck, I was thinking that could be his next portrait!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »

thank u AGD..I suspect the SS box set will will be available at  least a year.. by that time i can buy it..It just hurts that BW/bb SENDS THIS OUT TO US..ive been sittin in US 30 plus years...!!and i have NO money to buy it now..!! Would u please keep us ALL informed so we can buy it BEFORE it goes black..
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »

I've little doubt the vinyl-exclusive material will see CD/download daylight sooner or later.

Already has.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »

thank you AGD.. im hopin the box set will exist up[ to 1 year}. Buy that time i will be able to buy the box set without the collectors buy in BS.. thx .. if new situation please express your opinion..!!!!!!!
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »

It's going to be a year at least till I can afford the surfboard package, so I hope there'll be thousands out there.

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 04:27:43 AM »

It's going to be a year at least till I can afford the surfboard package, so I hope there'll be thousands out there.

Limited edition of 10. Grin

MJP
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 04:56:28 AM »

I love the box.  That said, can't wait for the announcement in the future when a new remasterd Smile box is released including the following:

1.  A 1st time mix of Smile is stereo.

2.  New previously unreleased and thought erased Smile material.

3.  Vintage 1966/67 Brian Wilson mixes

4.  A live version of Smile as recorded by The Beach Boys on their reunion tour.

You got my Canadian dollars.
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 05:09:58 AM »

uh, I am buying it from Amazon USA as an "import".  It's shipping in a day or so.

FWIW, I pre-ordered the 1CD from Amazon UK.   Total cost, including shipping, was GBP 10.57 (~$17 at the current exchange rate).  My disc shipped from the UK on October 30 and arrived in my mailbox in California on November 3.
seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 07:43:55 AM »

The LPs apparently have tracks that aren't on the CD.  I think you've said you don't have a turn table, how are you listening to the LP tracks?

I'm staring very hard at the LPs. Seems to be working...  Cool

If they follow the BWPS model to the extreme, I wouldn't count on those vinyl exclusives to turn up on CD or legal downloads any time soon. Doesn't mean they won't be around ... somewhere ...

Although it should be noted that ONE of those BWPS vinyl-only tracks DID get released on CD -- as a free giveaway to ESQ subscribers. Perhaps there's hope of another similar ESQ freebie...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 07:46:11 AM by seanmurd » Logged

---------------------------
Sean Murdock
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 08:35:57 AM »

http://www.snopes.com/music/media/reader.asp

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 08:40:28 AM »

http://www.snopes.com/music/media/reader.asp

See... and y'all thought I was kidding.  Grin

elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »

So in other words it isn't available in America. Being available to order TO SHIP TO America is hardly the same thing to be fair.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx