gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:52:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stephen McParland Book Launch  (Read 1283 times)
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 12:53:16 AM »

For those of you in Australia, Stephen McParland will be launching the first of his triumvirate of new Beach Boys books on December 10 in Sydney.

INCEPTION & CONCEPTION: The Beach Boys 1961-1963/From Hite Morgan to Nick Venet.

Stephen promises his new work contains a lot of new information which will "change A LOT of taken for granted facts".

The December release of INCEPTION & CONCEPTION will be followed in January and February with books two and three of the triumvirate:

HEADS YOU WIN-TAILS I LOSE: The Musical collaborations of Gary Usher, Brian Wilson & The Beach Boys 1961-1970
&
WILSON PROJECT: The 2011 Edition.

Stephen is organising a book launch for all Beach Boys fans as a celebration of the launch of his new & updated works and as a celebration of 50 years of The Beach Boys. This is a great opportunity for the older BBA (Beach Boys Australia) crew to mix with the newer "Interwebs" crew ... and lets not forget what happened the last time we did that is Sydney!! Stephen will have the INCEPTION & CONCEPTION book on sale on the day and he will also be showing The Wrecking Crew documentary. RSVPs are required as Stephen has to have an idea of numbers.

Here's the details:

WHEN: Saturday, 10 December 2011
TIME: 2.00PM
WHERE: Concord Bowling Club, Clermont Avenue, Concord
RSVP: Stephen McParland at cmusic@hotkey.net.au

For more information on Stephen's work visit:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stephen.mcparland
http://www.garyusher.com/cmusic
http://www.myspace.com/stephenmcparland
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:58:31 AM by TonyW » Logged
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:25 AM »

So..did anything ever come of this??? When will  The Wilson Project be available again??

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:12 PM »

So..did anything ever come of this??? When will  The Wilson Project be available again??

Yes, I have a copy of INCEPTION & CONCEPTION - very nicely done with some cool pix and there's a lot of new background on Candix, the Dix brothers and the period in general. To the likes of me (i.e. info geek/freak) it's utterly essential. For the less dedicated, maybe a tad anal. Their loss.

A few holes to be picked of course, but SJMcP is one of the guys who will take that on board gracefully.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:18:47 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx