-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Convolution reverb
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Convolution reverb  (Read 2625 times)
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »

I'm not sure which forum is most appropriate for this, but here goes:

Suppose I have a convolution reverb plugin, and I want to try my darndest to get an impulse response of, say, Western or Gold Star. Is there a particular BB (or even non-BB) session track that might be helpful? Or is this a totally pointless exercise?

Thanks in advance.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »

I'm not sure which forum is most appropriate for this, but here goes:

Suppose I have a convolution reverb plugin, and I want to try my darndest to get an impulse response of, say, Western or Gold Star. Is there a particular BB (or even non-BB) session track that might be helpful? Or is this a totally pointless exercise?

Thanks in advance.

Someone years ago had tried this, and if I remember they used the click of Brian's talkback mic on a session tape, which had gone into the echo chamber, as the trigger and response. I'm sure that post is still archived on this board: Check under the Desper thread, I don't trust my memory of which session tape they used for the sound, may have been a GV or WIBN session at Gold Star 1966. But I'm sure you'll find it archived here somewhere with a good search. The talkback mic click seemed to be a great solution at that time!

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
thebaron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

Altiverb has impulses for a few Western Recorders (currently East West Studios) echo chambers. I'm not sure if any of them could be patched into Studio 3.

http://www.audioease.com/IR/VenuePages/putnamrooms.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:22:56 PM by thebaron » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: