gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:45:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ?A 40 years anniversary CapitolBoxset of Beach Boys' SMiLE scheduled 007?  (Read 2660 times)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:01:36 AM »

A wishful deadline like that would require the preparations to be set in motion from
now on? Failing to meet a release date in 2007 would just match the 1½ year delay
of the Pet Sounds boxset.
But the question is: will it be more or less likely to happen as the years go by?

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:13:03 AM »

I thought David Leaf said that it was likely (with Brian present), then somebody posted recently saying that Brian was dead against the sessions coming out. Does anyone know where this info came from?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »

David says: "They'll come out"
Brian says: "...over my dead body"

Therefore: David Leaf is going to have Brian offed and then the sessions will come out.

angel

Watch out for snakes!
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:25:02 AM »

I think there is a much better chance of a 50th anniversary box set than a 40th...I just have this feeling it ain't coming thru next year. In my gut, I really feel that more time would have to pass, or people would actually have to die in order for this to happen, and since I don't want any of the principles leaving this earth anytime soon, I am content with my Vigotones, and let those other things work out the way they will

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:44:42 AM »

Who else is dead against it? I know Brian is reluctant. Presumably the other Beach Boys but why would they have a problem - surely they don't have such personal reasons as Brian and would welcome a release financially?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 10:25:05 AM »

I'm thinkin' Brian's camp...maybe Melinda...even Van Dyke to an extent, but I have no way of knowing. It's just a feeling that I have...Brian's thoughts on this one carries A LOT of weight, and I don't see a box set anytime soon, but I think it will be in our lifetime...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 12:27:11 PM »

I can imagine Melinda being against it in defense of Brian, but I would've thought that if David Leaf was speaking openly about it that generally the Brian camp, including Melinda, was also behind the idea, otherwise surely he would have kept quiet about it? Who knows though - Maybe Brian has subsequently decided he definitely is not up for a sessions release and that's that. I would have thought that having confronted the material so bravely with BWPS that he wouldn't have batted an eyelid at releasing the original sessions but I guess it's much more complex than that.

I've been quietly thinking that 2007 is the year that the sessions will be released but I think I'm being naiively optimistic there.

What about this Good Vibrations sessions disc/box though? I can't remember where the link was but it implied an August release. Has anyone found out any more info about this?

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx