gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:23:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Found! (w/ photos)  (Read 3626 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »

Went through some old records that my grandad gave us, a lot of jazz records and such, but this popped up too!

Sad fact: The Beach Boys' Christmas Album record was nowhere to be found inside, nor in different record sleeve  Embarrassed

But just thought I would share

-OMP

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »

That looks an awful lot like mine. I'd better check the shelf to make sure it's still there...
Cabana Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

Sad fact: The Beach Boys' Christmas Album record was nowhere to be found inside, nor in different record sleeve  Embarrassed

Drag.
Still, Bubba Ho-Tep has a copy you could swipe. I know the shelf upon which it proudly rests. PM me, and I'll draw you a map of his pad.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »

I've got one of those, but it's a cutout. Is that mono or stereo?

Watch out for snakes!
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 09:33:02 AM »

there's a beach boys christmas LP a few blocks from me for $4
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 09:49:55 AM »

i found that a while ago, unfort. it's got a yellow capitol symbol on the left...with the big C...release in 70s i presume?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:56 AM »

I've got one of those, but it's a cutout. Is that mono or stereo?

It (was) the original mono because it's noted on the back something like even though this is a mono recording it is playable on stereo record players.

Drag.
Still, Bubba Ho-Tep has a copy you could swipe. I know the shelf upon which it proudly rests. PM me, and I'll draw you a map of his pad.

PM is on it's way....Hahaha

TV Forces: Is it the mono version? I'll pay if you can grab it, what's the condition?

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 08:46:52 PM »

it's like that time i bought the BB Concert LP for 1$ at my college's library...but the vinyl itself was Surfin Safari for some reason

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:38 PM »

I dont know bout that vinyl, but OMP youre like a mix of Tom Hanks and someone that doesnt come to mind right now.

and let me tell you Tom Hanks (circa the burbs) is a good lookin dude.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 09:56:42 PM »

the burbs! that's where it's at...

let me tell you, off subject...i just had a movie marathon couple weeks ago entitled Unlikely Heroes Marathon, we showed The Tremors, The Burbs, and Bubba Ho-Tep

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »

you cant go wrong with the burbs my friend, you cannot go wrong with the burbs.

--
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

I dont know bout that vinyl, but OMP youre like a mix of Tom Hanks and someone that doesnt come to mind right now.

and let me tell you Tom Hanks (circa the burbs) is a good lookin dude.

I'll take that as a compliment hahaha

Well like they say "Life is like a box of chocolates...."

(going off the topic) I've been told I look like: Jackie Chan or Johnny Depp I don't know how people get these similarities hahah

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:29 PM »

LOL @ jackie chan

I dont know bout Depp...maybe if we run him face first into tom hanks they will look like you...Shrug

--
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 07:16:24 AM »

haha yeah when I heard the Chan comment I was like "WTF?" haha

A combo of Depp and Hanks...wow hahah  Afro

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx