gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
667045 Posts in 26778 Topics by 3875 Members - Latest Member: Raffamix March 04, 2021, 01:38:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All things TSS packaging, presentation and booklet etc  (Read 90195 times)
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2021, 03:04:34 AM »

Can the lightup box be bought anywhere in 2020?

So, 4 months after making THAT comment! Smileysmile user 'MyOnlySunshine' got in touch to say that he'd found one for sale, though unfortunately at the time the seller wouldn't ship internationally (I'm in the UK, and most of these boxes seem to be in the US)

Well, it's a long story but as I was trying to bid on the auction using my American forwarder address, something went wrong at the last minute and I missed out. I mentioned this to MyOnlySunshine and, amazingly, he had the winning bid Shocked and kindly offered it to me instead of keeping it! I thought I'd lost it completely and this was an amazing surprise!

What resulted was much research on both our parts to find the best way of getting it over (including our shock at UPS quoting nearly $400 to ship it over during the era of Covid)

myonlysunshine received the product, repackaged it to better suit an international trip, and got it insured and shipped over to the UK and didn't really ask for anything extra in return - THANK YOU! It arrived yesterday, number 169 (of? 200? 250?)

You're a good man
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 06:55:23 AM by UEF » Logged
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2021, 04:46:15 PM »

Can the lightup box be bought anywhere in 2020?

So, 4 months after making THAT comment! Smileysmile user 'MyOnlySunshine' got in touch to say that he'd found one for sale, though unfortunately at the time the seller wouldn't ship internationally (I'm in the UK, and most of these boxes seem to be in the US)

Well, it's a long story but as I was trying to bid on the auction using my American forwarder address, something went wrong at the last minute and I missed out. I mentioned this to MyOnlySunshine and, amazingly, he had the winning bid Shocked and kindly offered it to me instead of keeping it! I thought I'd lost it completely and this was an amazing surprise!

What resulted was much research on both our parts to find the best way of getting it over (including our shock at UPS quoting nearly $400 to ship it over during the era of Covid)

myonlysunshine received the product, repackaged it to better suit an international trip, and got it insured and shipped over to the UK and didn't really ask for anything extra in return - THANK YOU! It arrived yesterday, number 169 (of? 200? 250?)

You're a good man

Happy to help, UEF! And thank you for all the info you provided regarding shipping options and your help with coordinating all this. This was my first time shipping an item like this abroad.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx