gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 09:19:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile - How many potential releases over the years?  (Read 907 times)
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »

I thought it would be interesting to discuss some of the previous failed attempts to release some version of Smile.

Late 1967, Brother Records?

Early 70s, Reprise?

Late 80s Linnett mixes?

Late 90s Pet Sounds Sessions follow-up?

I had always had the impression that the impetus of BWPS was getting around the roadblock of releasing the material under the Beach Boys banner.   Had there been another attempt in the early 2000s that was a precursor to BWPS?

Any others?  How far did they get and what stopped them?
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »

I thought it would be interesting to discuss some of the previous failed attempts to release some version of Smile.

Late 1967, Brother Records?

Early 70s, Reprise?

Late 80s Linnett mixes?

Late 90s Pet Sounds Sessions follow-up?

I had always had the impression that the impetus of BWPS was getting around the roadblock of releasing the material under the Beach Boys banner.   Had there been another attempt in the early 2000s that was a precursor to BWPS?

Any others?  How far did they get and what stopped them?

All I know is I remember reading that Brian was very apprehensive about allowing "Do You Like Worms?" on the GV box in 1993.  You can connect the dots from there but if Brian had apprehension towards the release of Worms alone on the box set, well you can probably guess what his disposition would have been towards a full blown SMiLE release in the early nineties.  

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx