gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:02:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barnyard Mistake in Pressing of Smile Sessions CD?  (Read 42784 times)
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »

Sounds great bruiteur!  Thank you.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »

Yes, gap free.

Thanks again, bruiteur.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »

Awesome work Bruiteur!

Had no clue software like that even existed.

Could you post a stereo version of the original H&V/Great Shape/Barnyard demo??
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2011, 02:02:44 AM »

I posted this in the Barnyard thread...

They could have digitally removed the piano from the demo and just added the vocals to the acetate like this: http://oron.com/qcxlb2ls4ib7
It takes a little bit of work, but I think it sounds significantly better.

Very good... but Brian sounds very pinched. I'm reminded of "Free As A Bird" and "Real Love".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2011, 02:35:38 AM »

They could have digitally removed the piano from the demo and just added the vocals to the acetate like this: http://oron.com/qcxlb2ls4ib7

I haven't got the box yet but isn't the mixed version with lead, bvs and animal sounds on CD1?  If so, this isn't a big deal.

I posted this on another thread but the online sample of "I'm in Great Shape" sounds really bad when the vocal kicks in.  Is this the case on the CD or just a result of a bad mp3 conversion?

It doesn't sound amazing as all they had was the radio demo of that and Barnyard to get the vocals from. Not much else they could do sadly.

Gotcha.  Thought Barnyard sounded better than my boots so I guess I expected better for "Shape".  Thanks for the info!  Looking fwd to getting my box.
Very cool.  Cool I wonder, could the animal sounds be edited out or brought way down in the mix, in a similar way?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2011, 04:35:10 AM »

hearing that barnyard is awesome.  also makes me wish they had brought in some digital beast to figure out what kind of things they could do nowadays. 
UK_Surf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »

Excellent work - I'd love to hear what you do with IIGS.
MCE1965
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2011, 09:17:15 AM »

AMAZING work!  Can't wait to hear more...

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:18:29 AM by MCE1965 » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

This is nothing less than incredible! Shocked I listened to it ten times in a row.

Er... would you be so kind and post the isolated vocals without the backing track, please? I'd love to hear that, too... Undecided

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »

This is nothing less than incredible! Shocked I listened to it ten times in a row.

Er... would you be so kind and post the isolated vocals without the backing track, please? I'd love to hear that, too... Undecided

Dude join the queue ... I'm hoping he'll do Great Shape next  Grin

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »

[standing in the queue, shifting weight from one foot to the next...]

Damn it, WHEN is he going to get to I'm In Great Shape??? I can hardly stand the wait!

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »

Wow, I'm glad people have enjoyed my Barnyard tinkering. It was just a quick pass from the weekend. I felt compelled to do it after listening to the box set a couple of times. I'll try and give it my full attention as soon as I have free time to address the remaining artifacts and also add back some depth to Brian's voice after the piano removal. I believe that pop at around :45 is from the sourced acetate. Maybe it was missed? I'll take that out too in any revised version.

I'll certainly give I'm in Great Shape a go too when time permits.

I usually use different tools for different bits whenever doing cleaning-type jobs. I think for this I used reNOVAtor, sonicWORX, iZotope RX, and a couple other standbys--a hodge podge really. Also the Altiverb Cello Studios (AKA Western) echo chamber impulse responses for some authentic Brian reverb.

Thanks!

Is there any chance you can upload a vocal only version?

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
armona
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »

Damn it, WHEN is he going to get to I'm In Great Shape??? I can hardly stand the wait!

I can't either  Grin

Truly appreciate his work on Barnyard--really made my day to drop that one into my mix.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

I can't either  Grin

Truly appreciate his work on Barnyard--really made my day to drop that one into my mix.

Great job! Though I wish the vocal had some reverb put on it.  Would fly in a lot more naturally.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

He's nopt able to go as far a 'Child' vocals is he? we have the backing track so.... and the new GV stereo track is mixed more like the single version now, so it may work better

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
jonjameshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:45 PM »

damn would love to hear but cant get that ORON download to work, any ideas?
jonjameshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2011, 03:55:28 PM »

sŁ$Łt!! been sat pressing refresh on oron for an hour now - just keeps saying i have to wait for a download to be available - how the hell do I get it to download???
JeremyM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2011, 02:50:44 AM »

sŁ$Łt!! been sat pressing refresh on oron for an hour now - just keeps saying i have to wait for a download to be available - how the hell do I get it to download???

Choose the "Regular Download" option, then there should be a 60 second countdown.  After that, you need to type in the CAPTCHA text before the actual download link is created.

If you're still having trouble, let us know and I'm sure someone can help you out.  This version of Barnyard is easily the best synchronisation I've ever heard of the song (and I've heard quite a few!)  Great job!
The Radiant Radish
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:51 AM »

Choose the "Regular Download" option, then there should be a 60 second countdown.  After that, you need to type in the CAPTCHA text before the actual download link is created.

If you're still having trouble, let us know and I'm sure someone can help you out.  This version of Barnyard is easily the best synchronisation I've ever heard of the song (and I've heard quite a few!)  Great job!

Not quite sure what you mean, I can't get anywhere with that Oron site. Damn I can't wait to hear this as it sounds like what we were all hoping for ...
JeremyM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2011, 12:30:22 PM »

Not quite sure what you mean, I can't get anywhere with that Oron site. Damn I can't wait to hear this as it sounds like what we were all hoping for ...

Click here: http://oron.com/qcxlb2ls4ib7 and scroll right down to the bottom.  The "Regular Download" button is on the right hand side, under a series of red crosses.
jonjameshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:42 PM »

nah - all I get on ORON is this message:

Filename: by_new.wav
File size: 8.0 Mb

You have to wait 2 hours, 59 minutes, 42 seconds until the next download becomes available.
Become a Premium User and download files instantly without delay.

any chance can someone put it on megaupload or similar??
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:24:34 PM by jonjameshall » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »

holey moley!
that's the best I've heard!

Link for those unfortunates: http://www.mediafire.com/?4plhtw73yiillcl

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »

I hate to say it but that is really great!! well done!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2011, 04:09:14 PM »

I am twiddling my thumbs, desperately waiting for bruiteur to show up here again with what he said would be a cleaned-up second version of this already amazing job, as well as maybe his attempt at doing the same with IIGS. The wait is agonizing.  Kool-Aid Man

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Caroline Yes
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:15 PM »

Thank you very much for this Barnyard track, it's really great  Grin

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:26:39 AM by Caroline Yes » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx