gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:56:35 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The REAL reason Brian abandoned SMiLE?  (Read 41306 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2014, 07:22:35 PM »

I'd like an apology for using the 'word' "irregardless."
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2014, 07:23:38 PM »

And as I've said before (and it's not difficult to get me to say it again), I am sorry if I ever come off as annoying or a broken record.
From my perspective, I find it annoying when people refuse to respond to a portion of a question, or when people resort to sarcasm instead of mature discussion.
The whole making-an-apology-is-akin-to-pulling-teeth thing IMO applies not just to the person we've been discussing, but also to a chunk of the people who from my observations, wholeheartedly embrace that concept in general. I should probably pull out my stopwatch to see when the next sarcastic response remark will be flung into cyberspace...

What's funny is I answered your question and you and a couple of others apparently don't consider my feelings valid and got snarky and insulting. Yet somehow you continue to bang on about imaginary feelings and imaginary apologies as if you are some sort of imaginary victim.

Still waiting for my apology for your intentional and unintentional hurting of my feelings.

Cam - if you honestly have hurt feelings (and aren't just trying to make light of the concept), then I will trade you a sincere apology for your answer to another couple of questions from earlier in the thread that you did NOT actually directly answer:

If Brian told you personally that, irregardless of drugs, that he felt certain feelings about certain people's actions at the time, you'd still find a way to say that his feelings were 100% "not valid" and were absolutely imaginary, even though he felt them - right?

Serious question.  

Second serious question: would you tell that to his face?

Don't you see, CD, that talking to Brian about such things would be a completely different situation than you are asking Cam to address? .... If Brian told Cam what you are imaging then these would be real true expressions of feeling from one person to another: not assumed, presumed, speculated feelings. So, why on earth would Cam, or anyone then tell Brian that his feelings are invalid?
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2014, 07:35:53 PM »

CD, there is even an implied dig in your imaginary question. You've already outed you have an agenda with your imaginary questions. How do you imagine that anyone is going to fall for your poorly laid insulting plan? My intelligence isn't high but isn't as low as your opinion of it and my character.

Hopefully you will eventually show more concern for real feelings than imaginary ones.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »

sigh

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2014, 08:00:12 PM »

And as I've said before (and it's not difficult to get me to say it again), I am sorry if I ever come off as annoying or a broken record.
From my perspective, I find it annoying when people refuse to respond to a portion of a question, or when people resort to sarcasm instead of mature discussion.
The whole making-an-apology-is-akin-to-pulling-teeth thing IMO applies not just to the person we've been discussing, but also to a chunk of the people who from my observations, wholeheartedly embrace that concept in general. I should probably pull out my stopwatch to see when the next sarcastic response remark will be flung into cyberspace...

What's funny is I answered your question and you and a couple of others apparently don't consider my feelings valid and got snarky and insulting. Yet somehow you continue to bang on about imaginary feelings and imaginary apologies as if you are some sort of imaginary victim.

Still waiting for my apology for your intentional and unintentional hurting of my feelings.

Cam - if you honestly have hurt feelings (and aren't just trying to make light of the concept), then I will trade you a sincere apology for your answer to another couple of questions from earlier in the thread that you did NOT actually directly answer:

If Brian told you personally that, irregardless of drugs, that he felt certain feelings about certain people's actions at the time, you'd still find a way to say that his feelings were 100% "not valid" and were absolutely imaginary, even though he felt them - right?

Serious question.  

Second serious question: would you tell that to his face?

An apology on condition?

I don't dance for my apologies no matter how low the expressed opinion of my character. No thanks. That hurt my feelings too.

I honestly apologize for having said that. That was not cool and I regret having put it like that in a conditional sense. So let me put it on record, that I honestly, unconditionally apologize if there were hurt feelings.

Now, I'd like honestly like to hear your response to my questions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:01:27 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

Anyone else find it funny that "Beautiful Dreamer" comes from a Mike lyric?
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »

Apology accepted.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »

Actually it came from Stephen Foster Wink

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Nicko1234
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2014, 08:24:11 PM »

Nothing funny will happen in this thread...
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »

Yeah, but the fact that the term is used in a Beach Boys tune (no mere coincidence) pretty much er, wait, .... should the Foster Estate sue for credit for those two words???  Evil
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2014, 08:47:59 PM »

Yeah, but the fact that the term is used in a Beach Boys tune (no mere coincidence) pretty much er, wait, .... should the Foster Estate sue for credit for those two words???  Evil

Ummm...no?

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »

I think the Mike on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous thread should be merged with this one...

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:56 PM »

Ummm...no?

This has gone so far that no one can tell a joke anymore?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:35 PM »

Yeah, but the fact that the term is used in a Beach Boys tune (no mere coincidence) pretty much er, wait, .... should the Foster Estate sue for credit for those two words???  Evil

Ummm...no?

I told a Wally George/Landy mullet joke in this thread, and you seemed to chuckle at it. I myself am cool to say and hear them, even in this thread.  Grin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »

Yeah, but the fact that the term is used in a Beach Boys tune (no mere coincidence) pretty much er, wait, .... should the Foster Estate sue for credit for those two words???  Evil

Ummm...no?

I told a Wally George/Landy mullet joke in this thread, and you seemed to chuckle at it. I myself am cool to say and hear them, even in this thread.  Grin

As soon as Wally George's hair popped into everyone's heads: the laughter turned to horror!  LOL
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »

CD, there is even an implied dig in your imaginary question. You've already outed you have an agenda with your imaginary questions. How do you imagine that anyone is going to fall for your poorly laid insulting plan? My intelligence isn't high but isn't as low as your opinion of it and my character.

Hopefully you will eventually show more concern for real feelings than imaginary ones.

Cam - my only agenda is trying to understand something. I’d like to think that, even if in your heart you believe that the facts point to a certain “truth”… that you can be willing to recognize that, ultimately, your beliefs on this subject are admittedly merely your own opinion/interpretation of events, and not absolute fact. I’ll concede as such for myself and my beliefs; they are educated best guesses. I think that some people on this board make every implication that their postings are "facts" (even when discussing the participants' feelings), and I think that's rather extreme. Something as simple as the occasional "IMHO" would help diffuse the tension, and allow us posters to show more respect for one another here, you know?

My unanswered questions posed to you are only to get to the point that a person’s feelings can’t outright be dismissed as 100% negligible if they were to come from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Something is keeping you from answering those questions, and only you know what that reason is. Regardless of what your answer would be, it will not suddenly make either of us “right” or “wrong” about our admittedly stubborn conclusions/opinions/interpretations of events.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:46:13 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »

Is there an argument for locking this thread?

Some good, long-term postin' souls are getting wound up by posts that are, if I can paraphrase Runners, ahtcbGGA:L<M KLL:KJL:KJL KJHLKJHKJRTAAAA!!!!!!

“We live in divisive times.”
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »

WAIT!!  Cameron hasn't held up his part of the deal yet by answering CD's questions!  CD already apologized and........and the drama continues.

Biiiiiiillllllllyyyyy!!!!   Where's the Flying Pizza guy?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2014, 12:30:26 PM »

According to Mike Love logic, yes.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 03, 2014, 12:31:37 PM »

Cam likely knows that providing speculative answers to speculative questions here would be like dumping napalm on a campfire!

Posters are under no obligation to answer anyone's questions. Especially when they border on pure fantasy in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:34:37 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2014, 12:32:20 PM »

They should teach "Mike Love logic" at Law schools Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:33:22 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »

Whasup, Andy?  What's goin' down.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2014, 12:42:37 PM »

Cam likely knows that providing speculative answers to speculative questions here would be like dumping napalm on a campfire!

Posters are under no obligation to answer anyone's questions. Especially when they border on pure fantasy in the first place.

At this point, I'm less asking for an answer, but more that I'm politely requesting that that Cam occasionally consider using "IMO", or imply such.
Every once in awhile, you know?  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, or to answer any questions. There is no obligation. I hope this isn't met with sarcasm, or a mean-spirited response; I'm trying to be calm, cool, collected, and respectful.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:45:10 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

At this point, I'm less asking for an answer, but more that I'm politely requesting that that Cam occasionally consider using "IMO", or imply such.
Every once in awhile, you know?  I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, or to answer any questions. There is no obligation. I hope this isn't met with sarcasm, or a mean-spirited response; I'm trying to be calm, cool, collected, and respectful.

I think that is perfectly reasonable.

But bracing for sarcasm on a board such as this isn't exactly reasonable, IMHO. Most times it's meant as a joke
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

WAIT!!  Cameron hasn't held up his part of the deal yet by answering CD's questions!  CD already apologized and........and the drama continues.

Biiiiiiillllllllyyyyy!!!!   Where's the Flying Pizza guy?

On break at work. But yeah... I'm gonna lock this.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx