gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:59:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This place...  (Read 14840 times)
Jason
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »

I love this place, too. But if one of you try to hug me I'm gonna knife ya!

police

Don't worry baby, you're a mod; no-one cares enough for hugs

Give me a hug, you cocky bastard!  angel
SG7
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »

Yes, this is where I learned even older people are immature.  Roll Eyes Grin
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »

You're never too old to be immature!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »

Thank heavens( and little surfer girls) for that!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »

This place is definitely excellent.  From thought provoking threads like this:

As we all know, Brian has had two voices. Pre 15 Big Ones and Post 15 Big Ones. His vocals were scarce after the early 70's, so it is difficult to pin down exactly when and how quickly the decline took place, although 75' seems to be the concensus.

Are there any more, perhaps better examples of Brian's "Missing Link" vocals

To comments like this:

that's it, who here wants to touch dicks? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993

It all goes down here.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »

This is great.
Andrew you know how I feel, all the knowledge on this board has grown my passion, our families passion for the music.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 04:59:54 PM »

Before I joined here I thought Mike Love was an evil, Turdbagged, douchebag. Now I know he is neither evil nor turdbagged.  Evil
Same here, my early days of beach boys fandom was hating Mike Love with a passion. Now I would argue with my past self (briansbathrobe) about the subject of Mike Love.

Same story with me regarding Mike. However, the first Beach Boys album I bought was Summer In Paradise, so he was asking for it  Evil
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »

Love you ol' pal and all of my old and new pals and gals. Gals?...condesending?...not intended.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 05:29:29 PM »

that's it, who here wants to touch dicks? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993

ROFLMAO...what thread was that from?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »

Thanks Andrew. I love this board too because it deals with the facts.
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »

This place is cool because with a project such as SMiLE facts don't tell the whole story. Facts don't turn the light on, they lead to SMiLE nowheresville.  Nice that folks recognize this here.

Cool that you can express other theories & ideas here without getting rolled eyes & beating a dead horse emoticons.

"Connect, Always Connect..." - Arthur Koestler

"No discovery has ever been made by logical deduction..." - Arthur Koestler
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »

This is a good time for feeling mushy.  I've been reading BB/BW online forums since 1995, going back to rec.music.artists.beach-boys/alt.music.beach-boys on Usenet.  Back then, the release of Smile was just a hope, with nothing even hinting that it would ever be a reality.  So much has happened to this fan community in the last 15 years...just think for a moment about all of the compilations, DVDs, books, Brian's solo albums and tours...and the technology that makes discussing and sharing and enjoying so much easier.  

Until the mid-90s, I thought I was the only nut in the world who deeply loved this music.  Thank you all for letting me know that I am not alone.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »

This place is cool because with a project such as SMiLE facts don't tell the whole story.

Increasingly my opinion, actually.
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

Hey Billy C that comment occurred on page 4 of the recent "Bizarre Mike Love Interview" thread. 

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,11254.msg218226.html#msg218226

Billy C and Will C huh...

Am I bizarro you?

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »

I couldnt live without this board..LOL..!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »

"That's it, who here wants to touch dicks?".  

That still cracks me up!  In that Mike Love interview thread. Like, that's enough, let's just agree to disagree, be friends and move on.  

Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:41:23 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »

... maybe be at times argumentative, immature, dogmatic, pedantic and seemingly populated by obsessives, but at least the posts are on topic: no-one posts here for the sole purpose of taking kicks at other posters, and we know our sh*t. This is not invariably so on other boards.

Love you guys & girls.  group hug

Back at you, Andrew, and fellow obsessives.  I could never count how many hours I've spent here when I could have had a life, but you folks have made it entertaining and informative, and it's been great to be part of a BB community.  What an extraordinary time...after decades of thinking wishing hoping praying that it might come true (and thousands and thousands of posts)...we're about to get an official release of the sessions.  It also strikes me as almost alternate-universe territory that Brian is giving interviews specifically about the SMiLE sessions...when for years that was the one subject he would not discuss!   It will be interesting to see what the post-Smile box era will look like on good ol' SS.net.  But right now...how won-won-wonderful to be sharing this with you all. 

Less than a week of anticipation to go!
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »

Just want to add my voice to the chorus. My job is severely time-demanding right now (building a marketing database) and it's all I can do to catch up on reading every few days, let alone post anything. But I cherish my time browsing this board whenever I get the chance. All your personalities and passions... good stuff. I stayed up until 2:00 AM in my hotel room here in Los Angeles (so far from home, but so appropriate to be here in LA during this time) listening to those samples...

Can't wait until Tuesday! I have the day off work and my cell phone will be turned OFF! Project plans be d@mned. See you all then!

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »

Am I bizarro you?

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 10:44:51 PM »

... maybe be at times argumentative, immature, dogmatic, pedantic and seemingly populated by obsessives, but at least the posts are on topic: no-one posts here for the sole purpose of taking kicks at other posters, and we know our sh*t. This is not invariably so on other boards.

Love you guys & girls.  group hug
Somewhere waaaaay down deep behind the surface, you're just a big cuddly bear, aren't you?   Razz  group hug  Hug

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 12:00:05 AM »

no-one posts here for the sole purpose of taking kicks at other posters

I don't agree with you on that one though - there are posts with that purpose. Undecided
But there is no-one here who posts only posts like that.

Yes, this is where I learned even older people are immature.  Roll Eyes Grin

You obviously have never played football (soccer) with 60+ year old people. Cheesy

I'm getting so Verklempt.... I feel like giving Phil a hug......

Cool

Interesting spelling of the word "verklemmt" - I looked it up in the English wiktionary, there are even weirder spellings known there.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »

Hey Billy C that comment occurred on page 4 of the recent "Bizarre Mike Love Interview" thread. 

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,11254.msg218226.html#msg218226

Am I bizarro you?

Hey name buddies

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 12:31:53 AM »

Guys, I absolutely love The Beach Boys. Today at work I put on the UM for Wild Honey, and I just found myself listening to Can't Wait Too Long over and over again, grinning when Brian couldn't keep it together on I Was Made To Love Her etc. What is it about this band.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »

Guys, I absolutely love The Beach Boys. Today at work I put on the UM for Wild Honey, and I just found myself listening to Can't Wait Too Long over and over again, grinning when Brian couldn't keep it together on I Was Made To Love Her etc. What is it about this band.

All human life is there, with the best soundtrack in the world.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »

Can we talk about Can't Wait Too Long for a second? What a great fucking song. It's better than the entire white album put together. It's just so modern, in terms of it's ambiance it's even more forward thinking than Good Vibrations. I wonder what the lead vocal would have been, on the sessions you can hear someone singing, I dunno if it's bleed through, or someone in the studio who wasn't miced, but the song seems so close to being there, why why why why didn't they just put it together. Great fucking song guys, A+ stuff, love it.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx