gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:20:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Box Set delays in Australia?  (Read 9457 times)
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 07:58:35 PM »

I'd be happy to provide you with as much ripped lossless SMiLE that I get (the 2CD set) on Tuesday if you'd like.

Glad you understand! Grin Grin

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »

You mean here.

Fixed!
Paulos
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »

Anyone in Australia have any luck withe the 2CD or box set today? I haven't been up to JB Hi-Fi (Adelaide) yet.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »

no luck yet..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 02:05:59 AM »

CD Wow's Australian site is shipping the 2 CD set free and at a bargain price of $17.95. However, at least they are upfront on their website about ordering:

http://www.cdwow.com.au/CD/beach-boys-smile-sessions-limited-edition/dp/22221797

So we may all have to wait a week to a week-and-a-half. Also, I notice Readings in Melbourne has the Boxset on order too, so it's just not JB Hi-Fi.

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2011, 03:16:14 AM »

Recently placed my order for the box, vinyl & 2CD set at Greville Records, Prahran. Warwick, the owner of one of the last independent record shops in Melbourne, has been a fan for years. I've bought some great stuff there, especially during the pre-internet era. Boasts that it'll be the best price in Melbourne!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »

I had a busy day today traveling around Sydney. On the way I stopped into JB Hi-Fi at Moore Park and Miranda. Both stores had the Single disc version only unfortunately. Sad Sad

dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 04:52:58 AM »

If you guys want the box set , minus the box,poster ,vinyl etc it's available on I Tunes for download right now for $109.99.
I am in Perth and my box is due for delivery on the 15th.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:53:59 AM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2011, 04:58:44 AM »

I went to Planet in Mount Lawley (over here in Perth) and they had the 2cd set... I read through the liner notes but am waiting til I get the nod to come in and pick up the box set from my mate at JB. I think my housemate downloaded it cos I heard SMiLE coming from his room last night (and he usually listens to Sting or Christopher Cross). BOX SET SOOOOOOON. COME AWNNNN!
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 01:19:42 AM »

Received a message from Warwick at Greville Records, Melbourne, that the Smile box will be in tomorrow (Nov. 3rd)  Grin

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 01:38:11 AM »

I was driving to work this morning just before 8am (I think) and ABC News Radio (630 Sydney) ran a BBC story on the release of SMiLE - not bad for prime time drive.

Received notification from Amazon US today that my box set had been shipped and should arrive on Monday (7/11) - I hope it arrives on time as I have a flex day on Monday.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »

Wow! 24 hours ago I received an email from Amazon saying my SMiLE Box had been dispatched from the US to Sydney and would arrive on the 7th ... bloody hell!! the freakin' thing arrived today - the 3rd!!

What a moment opening the brown box to find that amazing SMiLE box, what a cover! And inside a treasure trove on memorabilia and info - it'll take hours to absorb it all.

But what stands out is the sound quality - exquisite!!

When you get your hands on it be ready for that Beach Boys "awe" moment, its up there with meeting Brian.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:35:03 PM by TonyW » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »

What time today? Mine said the same..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »

What time today? Mine said the same..

Roughly ... approximately ... 2.59.32 PM ... a bit over half an hour ago. Via DHL.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »

Redeye guy in Sydney said little while ago because the recent industrial action of Qantas it will arrive on Monday 7th

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
LonelyDays
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 02:10:29 AM »

The chances of walking into JB hifi and walking out with a box are almost zero. The two stores in Melbourne are getting ten boxes between them and, unless you preordered it, the suburban stores won't be getting any. I hope this isn't true but a total insider told me it earlier today  Sad
WWDWD?
Smiley Smile Associate

What would Dennis Wilson do?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »

An insider told me "Nope. Hasn't shipped. Can't even blame chogm or qantas. Just either hasn't been made or hasn't arrived in Australia.".
 Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

The JB store he works for is only getting two box sets in... and he is holding them both.... one for him and one for me.
LonelyDays
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »

Greville got some boxes in today. They had one left late this afternoon. Still no sign of any from EMI Australia (who allegedly imported 100 for the whole of Australia)
William Bowe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »

I rang 78 Records in Perth on Thursday and the guy told me the record company had told him (after much badgering on his part) that the box sets had *finally* arrived in Australia that day, and were being sent out forthwith. Mine will apparently be in store on Monday or Tuesday.

100 copies for the entire country? Jesus.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:33 AM »

Went to Greville Records today at 10 am to pick up my boxset and 2 CD set.  Had a good old natter with Warwick, who's a fan himself, and said that he'd be getting more box sets next week as he only had limited stock and those were mostly spoken for. Can't beat that old-fashioned service of a bricks and mortar independent record store  Smiley

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011, 02:07:26 AM »

That's so cool,your saturday night will be awesome.

Next time, I'm goin' with Greville or Basement, the Amazon
thing has been a learning experience  Tongue

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 02:19:32 AM »

Went to Greville Records today at 10 am to pick up my boxset and 2 CD set.  Had a good old natter with Warwick, who's a fan himself, and said that he'd be getting more box sets next week as he only had limited stock and those were mostly spoken for. Can't beat that old-fashioned service of a bricks and mortar independent record store  Smiley

Totally right. That's the way I got mine. Perfect condition, neatly sealed, and on the day they promised it it arrived. That I got a bit later was due to being unwell on my part. But the prospect of such a treat rapidly improves one's illness.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 02:29:44 AM »

That's so cool,your saturday night will be awesome.

Next time, I'm goin' with Greville or Basement, the Amazon
thing has been a learning experience  Tongue

G'day and welcome!

Yeah, I've really enjoyed my Saturday so far!  w00t!

I've been visiting Warwick at Greville for over 20 years. Besides having a great range of music, he's just a great guy to talk to and knows his stuff, a rarity in these days of JB, Sanity and the like (who also serve a purpose, albeit a less personal one.)

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 02:45:28 AM »

WOW, thanks for the welcome  Smiley - I'm definitely heading down
Greville next weekend or bust! Here's hoping to posting an order
received note on Tuesday - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

Anyone get theirs from JB HiFi yet? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and just getting it express from Amazon. Sick of waiting!

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx