gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681658 Posts in 27652 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 26, 2024, 01:09:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How common will it be in stores?  (Read 6309 times)
ApolloSkye
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:51:13 PM »

Specifically the 2cd set. Is it likely to be at wal mart or best buy if i go the weekend after it's released?

Warped Beach Boys pop with lush effects and beautiful melodies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnBc_-QCXk
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »

Best Buy, I think is likely but not necessarily definite. Lawl-Mart, probably not.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »

well I hope they do some promotion and not just stick them on the shelves expecting people to know about it..one of those dislays would be cool to see at  walmart where they would display it with a huge cardboard cut out with "smile" and other Beach Boys related stuff such as tshirts dvds etc as well on the display but I'm not sure they will do that..
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »

one of those dislays would be cool to see at  walmart where they would display it with a huge cardboard cut out with "smile" and other Beach Boys related stuff such as tshirts dvds etc as well on the display but I'm not sure they will do that..

I'm not sure they will do that either.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »

one of those dislays would be cool to see at  walmart where they would display it with a huge cardboard cut out with "smile" and other Beach Boys related stuff such as tshirts dvds etc as well on the display but I'm not sure they will do that..

I'm not sure they will do that either.
well I guess if they could do it for Garth Brooks (everytime he releases a new cd or greatest hits collection) or Dale Earnhardt (once a year around christmas time) I don't see why they couldn't do it with the beach boys..lol...they are just as "American" as they are..I'm assuming  that is what they are going for with those displays..
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:03:08 PM »

I'm expecting a lot of people on here complaing that they can't find any in store..

Capitol never let us down on that front

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:03:58 PM »

Garth Brooks has a contract with Wal-Mart. I would vomit in terror if the Beach Boys had a contract with Wal-Mart.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »

Biggest problem will be finding a store nowdays! Sad
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »

I'm expecting a lot of people on here complaing that they can't find any in store..

yeah it's funny because Capitol never has problems putting Beatle cds on the shelves..in fact my local target has a cool display that has not only Beatle cd's, but some reproductions of some of their 45's that come with a tshirt and the Ed Sullivan show dvd....
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »

yeah it's funny because Capitol never has problems putting Beatle cds on the shelves..in fact my local target has a cool display that has not only Beatle cd's, but some reproductions of some of their 45's that come with a tshirt and the Ed Sullivan show dvd....

Ah well, were used to it, right

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 07:13:02 PM »

Ah well, were used to it, right

yeah but it would be cool to have a cool display like that one for the Beach Boys..especially for the most famous unreleased album in RNR history..
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »

Good point.  Just for the sake of discussion, I'm wondering how everybody would feel if they were to find out there were going to be SMiLE display sections at all Urban Outfitters locations.  I know that Pet Sounds has been stocked on vinyl in their stores and probably still is.  Personally, I'd be cool with it, 'cause then I'd be able to grab a SMiLE shirt as well as the box set there and be happy.  But would I be annoyed when I saw five other people with the same shirt in the course of the next two weeks?  Hm, tricky.  I actually did buy a SMiLE shirt there about two years ago.  I couldn't believe it was there.  I'll post a picture if anybody is curious to see what it looked like.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »

i expect best buy or barnes and noble to have
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »

Best Buy had Brian's new cd today, on release day.  I'd imagine they'd be even more likely to have the Smile Sessions. 
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »

Good point.  Just for the sake of discussion, I'm wondering how everybody would feel if they were to find out there were going to be SMiLE display sections at all Urban Outfitters locations.  I know that Pet Sounds has been stocked on vinyl in their stores and probably still is.  Personally, I'd be cool with it, 'cause then I'd be able to grab a SMiLE shirt as well as the box set there and be happy.  But would I be annoyed when I saw five other people with the same shirt in the course of the next two weeks?  Hm, tricky.  I actually did buy a SMiLE shirt there about two years ago.  I couldn't believe it was there.  I'll post a picture if anybody is curious to see what it looked like.

You bought a SMiLE shirt at Urban? Really? That is weird. I would be interested to see that.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »

i expect best buy or barnes and noble to have

B and N has it for order online so yes, could be in stores.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »

Best Buy had Brian's new cd today, on release day.  I'd imagine they'd be even more likely to have the Smile Sessions. 

Brian's Disney CD came out on Monday in the US.  I know Tuesday's are normally the day, but for some reason this week was different.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 12:02:19 AM »

WE NEED THE HAPPY INSTORE DISPLAY PIECE!!!!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 03:27:39 AM »

I rang JB Hi-Fi at Miranda today (in Sydney, Australia). The CD section manager said that it will be delivered in-store on Thursday or Friday.

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 04:34:59 AM »

Well, I'll be going into my local HMV on the way into work Monday morning.

Then I'll be turning my phone off and diverting all my emails to a made up Hotmail address!

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 09:18:34 AM »

well it's not at my local Target ,which  is the closest place to me,and since we are about to have a snow storm here in colorado I may not be able to go across town to Best Buy or walmart because it looks like it may happen any minute so i may be forced to wait a couple days until the snow lets up  since I ride the bus everywhere..Angry Angry Angry
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »

It's in best buy
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »

I've only been in an Urban Outfitters once in my entire lifetime...don't plan on going back anytime soon. They'd probably mark up the SMiLE box 50 bucks more than the suggested price anyway. It's nothing more than a "hipster" version of the Gap or Abercrombie...and wayyyy overpriced (at least the one I went into was.).

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »

My local Best But has the 2 CD set but not the 5CD box.
Crow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »

Best buy and wal-mart and barnes and noble were not carrying it (I am in MN). I finally found one (the 5 disc box) at the Mall of America Best buy and they only had one
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx