gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:41:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hoo boy...Lady Liberty live  (Read 4407 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:00:36 AM »

Serious morning voice for Al on this one (and for once his guitar is too loud, briefly).  I had no idea that this was on youtube.  Pretty rough but interesting:

http://youtu.be/l5eoGLWQw-M
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:00:49 AM »

Yeah, I noticed that he was quick to turn his guitar down!

On a side note, my one regret is that, during R&RTTR (also performed that day) they didn't close in on Carl when he tore through his one and only line  Sad

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:07:59 AM »

Serious morning voice for Al on this one (and for once his guitar is too loud, briefly).  I had no idea that this was on youtube.  Pretty rough but interesting:

I have the complete performance from Farm Aid 1986. They also played RnR To The Rescue, with Al taking over BW's lead voc. And didn't they also do Rhonda? Strange choice with Al having a rough voice that day.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »

I love Lady Lynda, but this was one rough performance. Al's voice has in bad shape that day. Whoever was playing drums made a major mistake near the end. He came in to early and it caused the group to go out of sync for a few seconds. Carl doesn't look very happy.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:26 AM »

I have the complete performance from Farm Aid 1986. They also played RnR To The Rescue, with Al taking over BW's lead voc. And didn't they also do Rhonda? Strange choice with Al having a rough voice that day.

IIRC, Rhonda (with Willy, well, sorta), R&RTTR, Lady Lib. and S U.S.A. Isn't it Mike that handles Brian's part in Rescue?

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:06:01 AM »

Whoever was playing drums made a major mistake near the end. He came in to early and it caused the group to go out of sync for a few seconds. Carl doesn't look very happy.

Mike Kowalski to the rescue! Yeah, Carl's "stink eye" was out in force.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »

IIRC, Rhonda (with Willy, well, sorta), R&RTTR, Lady Lib. and S U.S.A. Isn't it Mike that handles Brian's part in Rescue?

Now that you say it, both I think.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:54 AM »

Yep, upon closer inspection, both.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:02 AM »

Bobby Figueroa was on drums that day.  Kowalski was on "percussions".

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx