gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680796 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 07:07:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Someone Teach Me I'm in Great Shape  (Read 4859 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »

I haven't heard the original demo for a while but it sounds to me like he is saying "of the agriculture" phonetecally on BWPS..I definantly hear an "R" in there unless it's just his accent or something but I was just listening to it a few times and to me I hear an"R" I don't hear a "N" or a "D".
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:00:33 PM by joshferrell » Logged
Boiled Egg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

the "transition" chords are diminished 7ths... the 4 chords are Fdim7, Abm7, Ebdim7, and Ebm7. i'm not positive these are the right inversions, but the notes i play are:

D   Eb  C   Db
B   C   A   Bb
Ab  Ab  Gb  Gb
F   Gb  Eb  Eb

the bass notes are Eb and Ab.  here's a little sample of the chords/notes and a snippet of me playing the song: http://soundcloud.com/adwolf16/im-in-great-shape-chords

hope that helps.

this is spot on
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »

thanks for the correction/clarification egon... sounds perfect.

josh-
are you talking about BWPS or the demo? the lyric was changed for BWPS
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »

thanks for the correction/clarification egon... sounds perfect.

josh-
are you talking about BWPS or the demo? the lyric was changed for BWPS
BWPS..
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »

the "transition" chords are diminished 7ths... the 4 chords are Fdim7, Abm7, Ebdim7, and Ebm7. i'm not positive these are the right inversions, but the notes i play are:

D   Eb  C   Db
B   C   A   Bb
Ab  Ab  Gb  Gb
F   Gb  Eb  Eb

the bass notes are Eb and Ab.  here's a little sample of the chords/notes and a snippet of me playing the song: http://soundcloud.com/adwolf16/im-in-great-shape-chords

hope that helps.

this is spot on

Yep, perfect.  I'd never quite been able to get those transition chords, so thanks Egon!
egon spengler
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

no problem! diminished sevenths are the best.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »

I was thinking about this wouldn't "of the agriculture" make since considering the fact that it now goes into "barnyard" a song about Agriculture..just a thought...also you must consider that since it's just a demo the singer isn't nessesarily going to say the words all the right way,,in fact sometimes the singer will just mumble words..I'm speaking in general terms here..because this isn't a studio vocal Brian wouldn't really focus specifically on the vocals he is singing..so it could sound like a number of things..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:07:52 AM by joshferrell » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »

the song was referred to as 'Open Country Song' in the early days of SMiLE, so it's pretty clear what the words were... at least at that point.

I've always heard the words "open country" on the demo, since first hearing it on the Endless Harmony CD. Brian's voice gets low there, but he's not mumbling.
I can kind of understand them changing the lyric to "agriculture" but I honestly don't see how anyone can actually think that's what is being sung on the demo.

Upper Country makes no sense (unless you're British apparently). The song is about enjoying fresh air and wide open spaces. And grits!  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:52:47 AM by bossaroo » Logged
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 10:16:22 AM »

D   Eb  C   Db
B   C   A   Bb
Ab  Ab  Gb  Gb
F   Gb  Eb  Eb

hope that helps.

Perfect!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx