gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 11:20:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Movie News  (Read 40326 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »

Rolling Stone article that regurgitates more of the same: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rupert-grint-and-chloe-grace-moretz-sign-on-for-dennis-wilson-biopic-20120321

Grint will portray Stan Shapiro, a young William Morris mailroom intern who befriended the late Beach Boy. Moretz has accepted the role of Wilson's daughter, Jennifer, who was said to be with her father during many of his darkest times.

The real-life Jennifer Wilson is close to the project, which begins filming in California in mid-June. Wilson and her half-brother Carl will serve as co-producers for the movie.

Vera Farmiga, who received an Oscar nomination for her role in Up in the Air, will also appear in the film as Fleetwood Mac singer Christine McVie, who was Wilson's lover for the last six years of his life before he drowned unexpectedly in 1983.

So is this gonna happen in California or Georgia?

No mas, por favor.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »

Maybe both.

Since the tax incentives are good in Georgia, they may wish to shoot as much there as possible. However, they may realize that there are exterior locations that can't be replicated there so some filming will be done in California as well. This is not unusual in the film business; often a film may be shot in multiple states or even countries even when the story takes place in one location.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »

But in Georgia the Ocean is on the wrong side!!!
Damn, if only I read this thread a week ago, I would've made the same joke.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

Worth a thread in itself but will keep it under 'The Drummer' thread! Grin

http://www.nationalledger.com/pop-culture-news/fairly-legal-star-sarah-shahi-busy-194529.shtml

THE BIG SCREEN SCENE:

"The Drummer" biopic of Beach Boy Dennis Wilson is moving closer to its planned mid-June production start.

And with Aaron Eckhart in the title role, casting forces are now focusing on who will play the rest of the group. Brian Wilson will be portrayed as he was when the creative genius of the family was at his most overweight and withdrawn, suffering emotional upheavals.

Cousin Mike Love will be seen as the transcendental meditation-loving, business-minded member of the group whose clashes with the wayward, fast-living Dennis reached the point of a physical fight on stage. And Carl Wilson will be seen as the affable family member who could smooth things over with audiences by cracking a joke or two.

To see Brian Wilson today, in shape and talking normally as he prepares for a summer of fun, fun, fun with The Beach Boys 50th Anniversary tour (along with fellow original band mates Love and Al Jardine), it's hard to believe he's the same person. It's hard to believe he's the last surviving Wilson brother. Nobody would have predicted that back in the early '80s, when "The Drummer" is set.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »

Did they forget about Al?! Who is playing Al?!?!  I demand a BB movie where Al more than 3 lines!

Ah, and Bruce too.

Paulos
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »

Did they forget about Al?! Who is playing Al?!?!  I demand a BB movie where Al more than 3 lines!

Ah, and Bruce too.

Warwick Davis will be portraying Al.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Did they forget about Al?! Who is playing Al?!?!  I demand a BB movie where Al more than 3 lines!

Ah, and Bruce too.

Warwick Davis will be portraying Al.
Warwick had better roles in the past.  Undecided But I see the joke. Haha.  Cheesy
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx