gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:47:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: who said "We love you Brian" at the Smile 2nd run at the RFH??  (Read 3225 times)
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2011, 01:57:40 PM »

It was lovely to hear and given Brian and the rest of the band a good start but does anybody know who where these lovely fans who called this out??. Much love to them whoever their are Smiley
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »

In 2004 its the only time I've seen Brian and his band play and what a great night it was too. First playing some hits unplugged, then Smile, then Greatest hits including Sail on sailor, Forever and Brian Sung really well that night even singing parts of Sail on Sailor after the song had finished as if to say "I've still got it"
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 02:05:06 PM »

It was amazing and I swear a few times that Brian looked at me and smiled and waved as me and my friends was dancing and singing along. I'm proud to say that I seen Brian Wilson Play beautiful music Smiley)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »

It was lovely to hear and given Brian and the rest of the band a good start but does anybody know who where these lovely fans who called this out??. Much love to them whoever their are Smiley

Most likely Stu and/or Sue Levinson.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »

Well I was there that night but can't take credit for the "We love you"s. Wonderful night though.

Anyone who wonders if all this Smile stuff is just hype: I went as a Beach Boys fan but a bit of a Smile skeptic. Somebody had done me a mix tape with some of the Smile stuff from the GV box and it just sounded like an endless bicycle riff to me, so I never delved further.

Anyway something happened to me during Look and Child Is Father of the Man. Those two songs just blew my mind and if there's such a thing as a musical epiphany then I swear I had one during that section of the show. After that, all I listened to for about two years was Smile. I started to get quite concerned that I had OCD problems, and that I'd never enjoy any other music ever again and banned myself from listening to it! From speaking to others on this board though it sounds like I wasn't alone in my reaction to the Smile music. It's definitely BW at his peak and I cannot contain my excitement for November 1st!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

Well if it was Stu and/or Sue Levinson I'd like to buy you guys a drink. A great night a highlight of my life even. And the microphone for the "Rap" on "On a hoilday" didn't work that night too lol Wink
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »

Think I had a few "cups of tea" beforehand and it was possibly me who was sitting up on girlfriend's shoulders near the front. (Wasn't my girlfriend though.)

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »

Most likely Stu and/or Sue Levinson.

Seconded!  :D

“We live in divisive times.”
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

I certainly heard the "We love you Brian"s but the thing I remember most about the first half was the near brawl between a bunch of singalongers and a bunch of "we're here to listen to Brian Wilson not you tuneless f***ers"ers. At least where I was sitting  Shocked
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:43 PM »

I was sitting near the front about 6 rows from the stage so we didn't see any fight in the first half but our group was dancing during the encore Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:21:36 AM »

I certainly heard the "We love you Brian"s but the thing I remember most about the first half was the near brawl between a bunch of singalongers and a bunch of "we're here to listen to Brian Wilson not you tuneless f***ers"ers. At least where I was sitting  Shocked

Yeah, I wasn't singing too good that night. Sorry... but your threats of violence were a tad OTT.   Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:22:28 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »

A tad OT but somebody shouted "We Love You Brian" at the Portsmouth SMiLE gig in August 2004, it sounded to me a lot like the same person shouting the same words on the Pet Sounds Live CD.

Nobody shouted those words at the RFH a few Saturdays ago.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »

A tad OT but somebody shouted "We Love You Brian" at the Portsmouth SMiLE gig in August 2004, it sounded to me a lot like the same person shouting the same words on the Pet Sounds Live CD.

Nobody shouted those words at the RFH a few Saturdays ago.

No... and there's an excellent reason for that.  Wink

letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »

Ok can I be the first to say on here "We love you Brian.....Now bring out an 70's box set!!" Lol Wink
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »

I was there at RFH on 30th July 2004 who else was there too? Does anyone else wanna share some memories about that night?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 02:13:15 AM »

Well I was there that night but can't take credit for the "We love you"s. Wonderful night though.

Anyone who wonders if all this Smile stuff is just hype: I went as a Beach Boys fan but a bit of a Smile skeptic. Somebody had done me a mix tape with some of the Smile stuff from the GV box and it just sounded like an endless bicycle riff to me, so I never delved further.

Anyway something happened to me during Look and Child Is Father of the Man. Those two songs just blew my mind and if there's such a thing as a musical epiphany then I swear I had one during that section of the show. After that, all I listened to for about two years was Smile. I started to get quite concerned that I had OCD problems, and that I'd never enjoy any other music ever again and banned myself from listening to it! From speaking to others on this board though it sounds like I wasn't alone in my reaction to the Smile music. It's definitely BW at his peak and I cannot contain my excitement for November 1st!

LOL I so recognize that 'endless bicycle rider riff' element in your post. I happen to have a couple of dodgy bootleg CDs that do exactly just that - the fine stuff is ruined by being endlessly interrupted/interspersed with that harpsichord tape thing containing the bicycle rider riff. After playing them, you can't stand the sight of a bike for days...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 02:39:41 AM »

I love the bicycle rider riff. To the point when I had it as my ringtone on my old phone a few years back lol Smiley
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 02:44:51 AM »

But then again I love to listen to all the Good Vibrations outtakes on UM etc. Strange taste I know lol Smiley
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »

Yeah, I wasn't singing too good that night. Sorry... but your threats of violence were a tad OTT.   Grin

it was "God Only Does" that tipped me over the edge
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 05:22:16 AM »

I remember Fire/Mrs O'Leary's Cow sounding like something from another planet. Any casual fans who were there for Surfin' USA must have been thinking WTF??
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:23:07 AM by harrisonjon » Logged
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »

It was amazing and I swear a few times that Brian looked at me and smiled

Brian didn't smile at me, but he did lock eyes with me (in the 4th row) for what felt like 10 seconds during a show this past June. It was during a part in the show in which he was sitting on his trusty stool while his band performed all of the harmonies. My girlfriend elbowed me and said "he's staring right at you".
He did this once before while i was first in line waiting for an autograph. He was sitting at the table while Jeff was arranging some things for him and Brian looked at me (again, what felt like 10 seconds) with that tired and sad "I really don't want to be here right now" face.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:24:31 AM by BiNNS » Logged
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

It was amazing and I swear a few times that Brian looked at me and smiled

Brian didn't smile at me, but he did lock eyes with me (in the 4th row) for what felt like 10 seconds during a show this past June. It was during a part in the show in which he was sitting on his trusty stool while his band performed all of the harmonies. My girlfriend elbowed me and said "he's staring right at you".
He did this once before while i was first in line waiting for an autograph. He was sitting at the table while Jeff was arranging some things for him and Brian looked at me (again, what felt like 10 seconds) with that tired and sad "I really don't want to be here right now" face.

He was picking up bad vibes from you man! Lucky you weren't ejected from the venue for your hocus pocus hoodoo.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx