gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:05:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New SMiLE Site!  (Read 16395 times)
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2011, 05:59:38 AM »

Remember that film was shot of a GV instrumental session too...it's heard playing out on SOT 15, for those interested. "Bob" and his camera are making too much noise in the studio - the whirring camera is audible - and Brian several times tells "Bob" to stop filming.

Piece this together: The "photos" of Brian with Tommy Morgan and Jay Migliori looks like a film print to these eyes too. Morgan and Migliori - practically any of the Wrecking Crew - would have no need to be at a vocal session.

So is this still a shot from the camera of "Bob" which we hear on that session?

Damn, I'm almost in shock if it is. That has been on the list of Holy Grail material for how long? If it is...

And another bit of mythbusting: Brian is filmed working the mixing board at Columbia. This was apparently a big no-no, even Bruce himself confirmed as much to AGD personally a few weeks ago at a show. Yet there is Brian, with Bruce in the background, working the controls on Columbia's board, a move against union rules which got his hand slapped away according to legend.

Has another myth been busted thanks to that film? Grin

The pics with the mixing console, Beach Boys and the guests look more like movie-stills to me than the Morgan/Jay Migliori-shot. And Brian is wearing the same shirt as on the famous darkroom/piano-bit from 'An American Band'. Perhaps an unreleased bit from that Denny-movie reel?

puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2011, 07:28:59 AM »

this picture looks like a still from a television segment

he's wearing the same clothes... what's it from?
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:05 AM »

Remember that film was shot of a GV instrumental session too...it's heard playing out on SOT 15, for those interested. "Bob" and his camera are making too much noise in the studio - the whirring camera is audible - and Brian several times tells "Bob" to stop filming.

Piece this together: The "photos" of Brian with Tommy Morgan and Jay Migliori looks like a film print to these eyes too. Morgan and Migliori - practically any of the Wrecking Crew - would have no need to be at a vocal session.

So is this still a shot from the camera of "Bob" which we hear on that session?

Damn, I'm almost in shock if it is. That has been on the list of Holy Grail material for how long? If it is...

And another bit of mythbusting: Brian is filmed working the mixing board at Columbia. This was apparently a big no-no, even Bruce himself confirmed as much to AGD personally a few weeks ago at a show. Yet there is Brian, with Bruce in the background, working the controls on Columbia's board, a move against union rules which got his hand slapped away according to legend.

Has another myth been busted thanks to that film? Grin

The pics with the mixing console, Beach Boys and the guests look more like movie-stills to me than the Morgan/Jay Migliori-shot. And Brian is wearing the same shirt as on the famous darkroom/piano-bit from 'An American Band'. Perhaps an unreleased bit from that Denny-movie reel?

I have a few points to offer for consideration about this. The Badman diary book mentions four films created for Good Vibrations, one of which is a film of the Boys rehearsing the song at Western. The shots of Brian whit that reddish/maroon shirt we saw in the Dennis video were clearly Columbia, no doubt about that, and the other Beach Boys were there. The shot of Brian at the piano with Tommy Morgan in front, and this one...

...the still shots of Brian wearing that vest seem to have come from Western, the photo posted above is *clearly* at Western with that wood paneling, and the Migliori/Morgan shot appears to have Brian at the same keyboard as seen in some of the more famous shots of Brian and Van Dyke at Western.

The Dennis video of Brian with the maroon shirt was taken at Columbia, these stills of Brian with the vest are from Western (no Beach Boys seen), and the stills of the Beach Boys with Danny Hutton, Audree, and June Fairchild are Columbia. Who can put all the pieces together before Nov. 1st?  Grin

Wherever these came from...what a great collection.... Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2011, 09:35:59 AM »

Who is on drums there--at first I thought Hal but it doesn't quite seem to be his hair...
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

Who is on drums there--at first I thought Hal but it doesn't quite seem to be his hair...

It's hard to tell if it's even a drummer from the way they panned across the photo...there is a bottle of soda to the guy's left. It kind of looks like Hal.

See if this one can clarify anything, it's the best I could do to get his face in the shot:

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's Hal Blaine

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »

It does look more like Hal in that last shot, so it probably is.  I assumed it's a drum set because it has the classic Western drum overhead set up, with the one as-yet-to-be-determined SDC over it.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:10 AM »

I thought this thread would generate more interest - the premiere of "new" studio photos is cause for champagne around this house! Grin

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »

I thought this thread would generate more interest - the premiere of "new" studio photos is cause for champagne around this house! Grin

Pol Roger and Beluga Caviar at the Aeijtzsche household, certainly.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »

It's a banner day, for sure. Many more to come.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »

Bumping this one in light of the release of the Columbia vocal session film footage. I still think the stills of Brian with the Wrecking Crew came from a film as well.

Take another look at the stills and screenshots in this thread, which ones look like they came from a film? Knowing what we know now, any thoughts?

Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2012, 02:08:39 AM »

Sorry for asking something on an old thread,  but who is the reflected image of over the shot!   Looks like Carl?
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »

Yes, looks like Carl.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2012, 05:58:33 AM »

pretty sure it's brian. the video is on one of those smile youtube webisodes
joshferrell