gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680854 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:15:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New SMiLE Site!  (Read 16422 times)
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 08:09:37 PM »

FTR, the "bicycle rider" / "H&V" music is an MP3 encoded at 192kbps and titled "audio_track_update.mp3"

Yet another thing to add to my iTunes into the Beach Boys section in the album titled The Smile Sessions C*cktease!

And they didn't even embed it or anything...just go to http://brianwilson.com/audio_track_update.mp3

BTW -- when you drag it into iTunes, it's titled "Track 22." It's tagged as track 22 of 27.

It's a snippet of track 22 on disc one...the stereo version of "Heroes and Villains Sections" from the GV Box set.

The Smile Sessions disc 1:
22. Heroes And Villains Sections (Stereo Mix) 7:16

Good Vibrations box set disc 2:
20. Heroes And Villains (Sections) 6:40

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:51 PM »

FTR, the "bicycle rider" / "H&V" music is an MP3 encoded at 192kbps and titled "audio_track_update.mp3"

Yet another thing to add to my iTunes into the Beach Boys section in the album titled The Smile Sessions C*cktease!

And they didn't even embed it or anything...just go to http://brianwilson.com/audio_track_update.mp3

BTW -- when you drag it into iTunes, it's titled "Track 22." It's tagged as track 22 of 27.

It's a snippet of track 22 on disc one...the stereo version of "Heroes and Villains Sections" from the GV Box set.

The Smile Sessions disc 1:
22. Heroes And Villains Sections (Stereo Mix) 7:16

Good Vibrations box set disc 2:
20. Heroes And Villains (Sections) 6:40

Oh, ok.  I hadn't compared the track timings and assumed that it was a stereo version of the same sections.  I wonder what the version on the box set added to the mix?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:16:33 PM by Ebb and Flow » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »

Probably "Brian Farts Into His Piano" in stereo.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

God those GV studio photos are fabulous. The one with Carl and Audree is priceless. Brian looks every inch the princely colossus astride his studio kingdom, so free and confident. Simply stunning!

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »

Where can one find these GV photos on the site? Are they in the video (YouTube doesn't work very well with this connection) or elsewhere? I looked around, but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »

yeah in the video  3D
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »

I'd put some screenshots up but I don't know how to upload them on here Huh

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »

here's a few... slow night

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »

Brilliant, thanks for posting

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 09:32:01 PM »

Thanks for the photos!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:41:14 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »

here's a few... slow night

You picked most of the best, well done! The one of Brian & Dennis is incredible, the long angle one unbelievable, Brian standing tall by himself, full of youthful certitude, riveting. Amazing stuff.

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 04:37:43 AM »

I wondered if something would be said about Dennis playing the organ on the "gotta keep those..." part. Nothing was said but when that part started, the first picture of Dennis was shown. Nice

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 04:42:24 AM »

Thanks! That penultimate picture of Brian looking at Dennis is sweet.  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 05:39:59 AM »

Probably "Brian Farts Into His Piano" in stereo.

Could be tracking highlights for the session of "Brian Farts Into The Piano". Wasn't that a solo session as in there was no other BB involvement? Maybe somebody here in the know has more information about this particular track. Other than the '67 "Surf's Up" this particular track seems like a highlight to me so far.

A quick question. Does anybody know if he had his damper (sustain) pedal pressed down during the performance? I'm really intrigued to find out!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 06:00:38 AM »

This proves that they've been holding out on us.  Not sure who "they" is in this case.

Some of the nicest control room shots at CBS I've seen, and what is most exciting, new photos from the studio floor.  The shot with Brian at the Organ and Tommy Morgan next to him is one of the great photos of all time.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 08:39:33 AM »

Now imagine - only for a moment - if those were not just photos...

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 08:45:29 AM »

This proves that they've been holding out on us.  Not sure who "they" is in this case.

Some of the nicest control room shots at CBS I've seen, and what is most exciting, new photos from the studio floor.  The shot with Brian at the Organ and Tommy Morgan next to him is one of the great photos of all time.

True, the lack of studio photos from the Smile sessions had always been a mystery to me as well.  These are truly incredible shots, and hopefully just a taste of what's to come.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »

Now imagine - only for a moment - if those were not just photos...

Imagine listening to the sessions and looking at the photos..... Can't wait for Christmas (that's when I will get my Smile box)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »

Hmmm...a closer look at the wallpaper on the new site shows me something I never noticed before: tape box #190 W lists "Wonderful," "Tones," and "Rock With Me Henry" [sic]. Next to it is tape box #165 W, labeled "Vegtables" [sic] and "Tune 'X'."

This would kind of tell me that..."Tones" and "Tune 'X'" are NOT the same.

Is this new info??

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »

Lovin' the pictures, I really like that one of Dennis.  Kind of surprising though that www.brianwilson.com completely jettisoned any mention of the Disney album, though!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:40 AM »

Hmmm...a closer look at the wallpaper on the new site shows me something I never noticed before: tape box #190 W lists "Wonderful," "Tones," and "Rock With Me Henry" [sic]. Next to it is tape box #165 W, labeled "Vegtables" [sic] and "Tune 'X'."

Is this new info??
There's a tape box called "Vegtables" and a tape box called "Vegetables", does that make those different songs?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »

Is this new info??

I believe that the "Tune X" found on the Veggie tape is the "Tune X" most of us are familiar with.  The "Tones" listed on the Wonderful tape is probably something relating to that song and entirely unrelated to "Tune X".

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »

Lovin' the pictures, I really like that one of Dennis.  Kind of surprising though that www.brianwilson.com completely jettisoned any mention of the Disney album, though!

Well I think right now the obvious goal is to push "SMiLE" as hard as possible out of the gate.  Being this is an archival release from a band that hasn't released new product in years, they are going to want to get the word out there as strongly as possible about this new release.  I also remember during the "Beatles: Anthology" campaign that Paul McCartney stated that he and the other Beatles were encouraged not to release any new solo material until the "Anthology" had run it's course as they wanted the Beatles release to be the primary and not have any secondary releases competing with it. 

Then again what I suspect is that the Briansta's site is still a work in progress and a mention of "In The Key Of Disney" could pop up.  I noticed for instance that Frank Holmes is now given credit for his artwork on the splash intro something that I didn't notice (or wasn't there) yesterday.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »

Well I think right now the obvious goal is to push "SMiLE" as hard as possible out of the gate.  Being this is an archival release from a band that hasn't released new product in years, they are going to want to get the word out there as strongly as possible about this new release.  I also remember during the "Beatles: Anthology" campaign that Paul McCartney stated that he and the other Beatles were encouraged not to release any new solo material until the "Anthology" had run it's course as they wanted the Beatles release to be the primary and not have any secondary releases competing with it. 

Then again what I suspect is that the Briansta's site is still a work in progress and a mention of "In The Key Of Disney" could pop up.  I noticed for instance that Frank Holmes is now given credit for his artwork on the splash intro something that I didn't notice (or wasn't there) yesterday.

check the contest page - http://blog.brianwilson.com/press-releases/brian-wilsons-smile-contest/

seems to be one of, if not the only mention, though.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:27:48 AM by GeorgeFellInHisHorn » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 09:45:56 AM »

If you click on "news" and "home" there's still mention of the Disney album. But I agree, it's not very much if you realize that it'll be released very soon

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx