gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 12:26:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bizarre Mike Love Interview  (Read 14552 times)
Iron Horse-Apples
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

This dates back to the '94 court case. Mike is up to his usual "I wrote I Get Around / I'm Mr Positive etc.

However, at the end of the interview, he starts crying whilst singing Brian Is Back. What do we think. A genuine outpouring of emotion because he misses his cuz, or crocodile tears?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnWvfJ1Q6E&feature=related
Jason
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »

I love it. He speaks his mind and tells it like it is. No wonder people loathe him. People generally don't like those who speak their minds without restraint or apology. More power to him. I don't agree with much of what the man says but he has the gall to say it anyway.

And we'll soon be arguing in this thread about it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:57:17 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »

I saw that a while ago and it still breaks my heart.

100% Genuine

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »

And to think this whole situation could have been avoided if Brian's management just swallowed their pride and took Michael's proposed $750,000 and future royalties deal (which, if I remember correctly, Brian was up for as well). When your number one witness is one Mr. Brian Douglas Wilson, it's no shocker that Michael won the case, and even more than what he wanted to settle for.

The fact that Brian and Michael were still in good standing with each other even during the case reeks of something amiss.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:06:58 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:16 PM »

I wonder if he'd forgotten to meditate before that interview?

“We live in divisive times.”
theCOD
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:51 PM »

Haha, real or not, I think it's pretty funny. The lyrics just don't really work while crying.

I love a girl... I love her... *sniffles* SO madly... I treat her so fine... but she treats me so badly. Ding, dang, ding... *voice cracks* and a ding dong.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »

Haha, real or not, I think it's pretty funny. The lyrics just don't really work while crying.

I love a girl... I love her... *sniffles* SO madly... I treat her so fine... but she treats me so badly. Ding, dang, ding... *voice cracks* and a ding dong.

Well, his voice cracks whilst singing "tears to my eyes", so I'd say it works really well, almost to the point of being staged. I don't want to think that, bit it's there......
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »

Of course it's legit.  When does Mike say or do something fake?  Ever?  He's the complete opposite of that.  He sues people he's related to.  He sues mentally handicapped people.  You mean to tell me if he's got the all out BALLS to do that, he'd fake crying about something?  Why?  This is the guy who's so honest when he sings a song about driving, he moves his hands like he's driving.  Or if he says the word love or heart, he holds his heart.  LOL.  He's a pretty literal person, I don't think he'd fake crying and to be honest I don't think he lies very often.  You have to WANT to deceive people and WANT people to like you to do that.  Mike clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't give a sh*t what people think of him.  I'm sure he's very proud of that song. 
oldsurferdude
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »

Of course it's legit.  When does Mike say or do something fake?  Ever?  He's the complete opposite of that.  He sues people he's related to.  He sues mentally handicapped people.  You mean to tell me if he's got the all out BALLS to do that, he'd fake crying about something?  Why?  This is the guy who's so honest when he sings a song about driving, he moves his hands like he's driving.  Or if he says the word love or heart, he holds his heart.  LOL.  He's a pretty literal person, I don't think he'd fake crying and to be honest I don't think he lies very often.  You have to WANT to deceive people and WANT people to like you to do that.  Mike clearly wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't give a sh*t what people think of him.  I'm sure he's very proud of that song. 
Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin.
Say what you will but no one can polish that full fledged t*rd.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »

He did the same thing in the early '80s on PM Magazine or Entertainment Tonight or one of those after-dinner TV shows, when the story was about how Landy wasn't allowing anybody to talk to Brian, cutting over to Landy saying anybody who wants to talk to him CAN, etc. Mike did the crying thing then, too, except I think that time he MEANT it....and I must confess (proudly Smiley  ) to being a member of a certain "group" on Facebook, but I really do think in the early '80s he was sincere...after all, Brian and Mike grew up together, they were cousins, they were pretty much BROTHERS, and here it is and nobody knows where the hell he is, nor can they even talk to him....

As for this '90s thing?? Wow...what a boob. I wasn't aware that Mike was Judy Bowles's brother. (And actually, now that I think of it, that actually lends credence to the assertion that Brian has a sister named Maureen.) I wasn't aware that he was a surfer guy. Guess you learn something every day. (He also didn't mention that he won credits to at least a few songs that he had nothing to do with according to every witness except Mike.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:24:58 PM by 37!ws » Logged

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »

I dunno man the "goodnigt baby sleep tight baby" really is what makes WIBN amazing. Takes it from average to extraordinary

No mas, por favor.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 08:59:07 PM »

Mike Love is just as crazy as Brian Wilson..!!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:24 PM »

Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin Violin.
Say what you will but no one can polish that full fledged t*rd.

What are you talking about?  I'm not polishing anything, as a matter of fact I said he was openly an asshole.  He's not a liar, however. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »

I think he is meaning the song.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »

Where was I polishing the song?  Maybe he's drunk tonight. 
Jameswilliam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:18 AM »

I love how comments are disabled, to prevent totally approriate mike love bashing  Razz
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:26:28 AM »

I dunno man the "goodnigt baby sleep tight baby" really is what makes WIBN amazing. Takes it from average to extraordinary

On what planet is anything about "Wouldn't It Be Nice?" even remotely "average"? Even in the context of Brian and the band's work?

Also, I'm sure that melody etc. were in place before Mike put those lines, which don't even really fit the theme of the song, in. He certainly deserves some kind of writing credit for it, although it'd be a little sad if he saw just as much money from the songs royalties as Brian or Tony.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:07 AM »

Also, I'm sure that melody etc. were in place before Mike put those lines, which don't even really fit the theme of the song, in.
What do you mean they don't fit the theme of the song? The whole song is about wanting to be able to sleep with your significant other, and Mike's lines are "good night baby, sleep tight baby", which is a fitting thing to say to someone as you're about to drift off together.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 12:42:02 AM »

The whole song is about wanting to be able to sleep with your significant other

The whole song? Not really. A few lines.

Still. I guess it fits in that sense, but still, Mike coming in with a couple cliches at the end wasn't some brilliant creative move, in my book.

Now about that "average" claim...

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 12:55:15 AM »

Oh come on you dont think I'm serious?  Cool Guy

No mas, por favor.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 02:45:08 AM »

(He also didn't mention that he won credits to at least a few songs that he had nothing to do with according to every witness except Mike.)

"except Mike"... and Brian  Grin

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 03:49:17 AM »

Oh come on you dont think I'm serious?  Cool Guy

>: (

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 04:06:29 AM »

How many here heard all the testimony the jury heard? Hold up your hand. 

I think Mike's rep [and the editing of this sleazertainment show] might be preventing some of us from realizing Mike is actually a sentimental and tender hearted guy. I could be wrong on all three counts though.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:05 AM »

Mike's a sentimental, tender-hearted butthole. He's said some and done some ridiculous things, he stifled Brian's creativity in some ways, but I love 'im to death and I'm damn glad to have him singing the songs he sings. He is absolutely sincere here.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:11:29 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx