gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681011 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 04:45:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce's Heroes & Villains Acetate?  (Read 2782 times)
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »

Sometime around 2000 or 2001, there was alot of talk and speculation about a Heroes And Villains acetate that Bruce Johnston owned.  Does anyone know if this acetate was reviewed for The SMILE Sessions?  If so, did this acetate end up being anything new?  I would have thought we would of heard more about this.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »

I received a message a few years ago saying that Bruce has the "Musical Comedy" version, which is about, 10 Minutes, I've heard it a few times, and I recently got an MP3 of it, the vocals on "i've been in this town" are my favorite...

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »

PM?

A discipline daddy.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »

There is no 10 minute acetate version of Heroes & Villains.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »

LOL

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »

i think a title called that is on a smile boot...clocks in at 10:02 length..think it is cut 2 on the boot

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 05:21:11 PM »

There is no 10 minute acetate version of Heroes & Villains.

I've heard it, I'm almost positive from the quality it's an acetate

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »

Sometime around 2000 or 2001, there was alot of talk and speculation about a Heroes And Villains acetate that Bruce Johnston owned. 

Yeah, there was A LOT of talk about it too.  Roll Eyes

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
David Kennedy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:33:51 PM »

I received a message a few years ago saying that Bruce has the "Musical Comedy" version, which is about, 10 Minutes, I've heard it a few times, and I recently got an MP3 of it, the vocals on "i've been in this town" are my favorite...

FatherOfTheMan is  there anyway I can get a PM of this? I would love to hear it.  Smiley
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 05:42:03 PM »

That version was edited from the Mix Sessions on UM 17 and Heroes And Villains (Sections) on the Good Vibrations Box Set.

A discipline daddy.
trismegistus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

Well, after quick search I was able to find the 'Musical Comedy' version of H&V...it's just track 2 from the Odeon boot, a bunch of sections strung together. The quality's good and it starts off great, based on the early 'Alternate' version, which for my money remains the best pop song ever strung together. It annoyingly fades between some sections, but otherwise is better put together than a lot of 'extended' mixes of the song...if nothing else it sounds cleaner than the alternate version, so I might chop it up for my own use...or just wait, since I'm sure there'll be something even better sounding on the box.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »

Sometime around 2000 or 2001, there was alot of talk and speculation about a Heroes And Villains acetate that Bruce Johnston owned. 

Yeah, there was A LOT of talk about it too.  Roll Eyes

Funny, at the end of the day, that being said, I don't remember alot of that stuff. Tho it does seem perfect!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

Is that you, Bgas?  We missed you! Haven't seen you post here for days, with the exception of satirizing my posts every now and then. Good to have you back posting worthwhile, informative stuff again!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx