gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:10:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New studio album (Ocean Way sessions)  (Read 119158 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I think it is photoshopped.

The whole board is crystal clear, yet Brian appears to be a bit blurry. Brian's shirt and face are lit up bright-red, yet the board is mysteriously lacking in any red.

Then I think, why would they take the time to fake a picture of Brian in the studio....then I think over all the things that don't make sense in The Beach Boys world, and then it doesn't seem that far-fetched. But perhaps my eyes are really starting to go. Undecided

IDK. In a world full of photoshopped pictures, it's really hard to tell what is real and fake. So if this is real, no disrespect to Brian/Management, it's just the way it looks I suppose.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »

It's not even a good shop...look around his nose and the console...see the white pixels? If not, save the pic and enlarge it, then check again.

Why did they do this?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

Looks like Brian found all the weight Jeff lost..hope he's careful!! LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2011, 09:06:39 PM »

It's obviously not fake, they just did something weird to the picture

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2011, 09:11:13 PM »

Yeah, maybe Brian was a little "dark" in the picutre, so they "brightened" him up.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »

Yeah, maybe Brian was a little "dark" in the picutre, so they "brightened" him up.

Exactly, just really badly  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »

Something is very odd - how can Brian be lit by a red light from the front/below, yet the board is obviously naturally lit from above ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2011, 11:12:15 PM »

Yup.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »

Something is very odd - how can Brian be lit by a red light from the front/below, yet the board is obviously naturally lit from above ?

Exactly. Maybe he wasn't necessarily shopped in, but why add unnatural looking lighting effects?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Keri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »

It does look strange Brian all lit up in red, but that same red is on the walls on his right, as is something at the end of the desk, the monitor behind him is lit up with the same yellow that is in his hair. I've blown it up and both the desk and Brian look pixelated. I suspect it is a picture of Brian in the studio ;-)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:42 AM »

Beginning to think those pics of Brian on the moon might have been faked too...

“We live in divisive times.”
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 24, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »

I have no doubts that it's a real photo and Brian was really there. 
It's just that they did separate different post-processing (lighting, exposure, levels, etc) to Brian and to the rest of the photo.  Hence the odd final look.
It's usually hardly a seamless result when you need to select a person against a complex background.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: October 24, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »

It's not even a good shop...look around his nose and the console...see the white pixels?

Haven't enlarged it, but the white "pixels" seem to be just part of the board.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: October 24, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »

I'm glad I'm so young so I'll be alive in 20 years when Brian and the wife and managers have all passed on and all the lies surrounding Brian are exposed.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 24, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »

I'm glad I'm so young so I'll be alive in 20 years when Brian and the wife and managers have all passed on and all the lies surrounding Brian are exposed.

Life expectancy has nothing to do with it; it's more to do with the length of your lifetime. Everybody lasts one lifetime.

“We live in divisive times.”
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

Hmmm, gather round me you young-uns and let old Aegir tell you of the strange time Brian Wilson was photo-shopped into a picture of a recording studio. It was in the fall of 2011.............
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »

Brian at Ocean Way yesterday:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150380545642241&set=a.452661542240.241240.34250497240&type=1&theater

(I'd post the photo but I don't know how to)

OK I use photosop quite a lot.

The hands are not 'shopped. Something funny is going on with Brian's face and head but I'm not convinced that it means he was not actually there. It may just be lighting effects or that its been 'shopped to bring out his face. Look at the hair, it's nearly impossible to photoshop hair that well and merge it into an existing image.

So my conclusion, admittedly from the low res pic on Facebook, is that the image has been played with in order to make it look nice but I am 70% sure it's not actually fake. But I am ready to be corrected, because there are some very strange things going on with Brian's nose
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »

Life expectancy has nothing to do with it; it's more to do with the length of your lifetime. Everybody lasts one lifetime.
yes, yes, yes. but until circumstances say otherwise I will assume my life expectancy and my lifetime are approximately the same amount.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »

I am 70% sure it's not actually fake. But I am ready to be corrected, because there are some very strange things going on with Brian's nose

That's the coke
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:34:43 PM by Iron Horse-Apples » Logged
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

Just a dark picture that's been brightened and then had the blacks pushed back down to maintain contrast, so it's a bit posterized.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »

I am 70% sure it's not actually fake. But I am ready to be corrected, because there are some very strange things going on with Brian's nose

That's the coke

LMFAO

Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »

He's getting into it again for his barnstorming 2011 version of "Teardrops On My Bed"!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »

It's not even a good shop...look around his nose and the console...see the white pixels? If not, save the pic and enlarge it, then check again.

Why did they do this?

For artistic sake.  We've been trained to be suspect of things, so when you see something and deduce that it's been photoshopped, you automatically assume that the purpose of the photoshopping was to deceive.  Photoshop can be an artistic tool as well.  Brian was probably in the studio and they could take 1000 pictures of him sitting at the console, but it's actually pretty creative in my opinion for them to photoshop together a picture of him at the console with strange lighting, etc. to make people wonder and think. 

BTW I think it's a beautiful picture. 
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2011, 09:20:28 PM »

They got Brian to act like he was directing people in the studio and acting like he was commanding the session just as he would have in '64 for a "making of" thing about a decade ago. Apparently it's been done more than once. So what reason would they have to "create" a picture of Brian at a console? How does that make any sense?

Even if it is ridiculously and totally "fake", I can't see why it would really matter. The staged studio footage, people doubling Brian's leads live and especially on record (especially Jeff doing it), the staged "fun and sun" image they're giving him a good 45 years after it was appropriate - this is the sort of trickery that I find really annoying, but a photoshopped Facebook picture? Meh.

To these eyes, it's just some not good editing of a legit photo of Brian at the console. The claims of him being too dark in the original photo could indeed be what's going on here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I can't say I care much.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:26:31 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »

Point taken.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx