gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 07:40:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where Is Our Luther?  (Read 3896 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:03:44 AM »

One of the funniest members. Intelligence and dry wit in spades, and in equal measures. Where is he? I miss his contributions. Anyone know?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:53:39 AM »

He pops up from time to time in Making Music forum, but he's said as much that he's a little disillusioned with the place. A shame too, I've enjoyed his posts ever since I started coming here.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 05:18:49 AM »

He pops up from time to time in Making Music forum, but he's said as much that he's a little disillusioned with the place. A shame too, I've enjoyed his posts ever since I started coming here.

Ah, that is sad. Luther, come back! Your good humour is balm for the soul!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »

I think it may take more than mere compliments to lure the erudite Smiley Smile veteran back. But what we can provide, I know not.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »

I would welcome him back because he knows a lot about all genres of music  and would help greatly in the SMiLE discusion. I got him to comment on the youtube videos thread when I was making homer statements about BW and 1980s R&B music producers... But I didn't know what i was talking about, so no hard feelings.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:31:13 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »

Maybe we can lure him back with wine and song? Women too, if that's his bag. But we are adaptable.

Don, I feel the need to quiz you on whiskey, even though I'm not sure whether that is a tipple of choice for you. What say you?

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »

Luther made some damn good contributions to the board. Here's to hoping he comes back after all the Smile Sessions excitement/arguing/flaming dies down a bit.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »

Well ain't y'all just so sweet? I haven't gone anywhere much; still easy enough to find. Hypehat is more or less correct in terms of where I pop up--the "make music" forum--but it's not so much a matter of being disillusioned with the main board as just not as interested as I used to be. Same basic questions, same basic opinions, same basic revelations, same basic arguments, same basic responses, and now I'm even boring myself by typing it. Sure, there are new tidbits, but it's mostly just more of the same conversation, over and over, forever and ever, amen. No offense to those involved: everyone comes and goes through this and any number of other things. BBs just aren't that big a part of my musical life. Big, sure. But not that big, you know? I more enjoy hearing (the non-Beach Boys derivative) original music of our musician-posters--or, of course, egocentric f*** that I am, hearing them discuss mine--than talking about the BBs. That said, I'm open to being lured by wine or women. Preferably both.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx