gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 10:09:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile Era Party.  (Read 1870 times)
TheBeachBoysFan
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi little girl, it's me, don't you know who I am?

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2011, 05:47:52 PM »

I know about the one on Vigotone Smile....but is 25 minutes the whole thing, or is there a complete version?  Cause I read somewhere that this was some type of dinner party Brian had at his house....anyone care to fill me in on how it came to be, dates, if known?  Never heard the Vigotone one accept for like a 3 minute thing.  25 minutes seams a little short, but that could just be me.  Thanks for any replies.....I'd REALLY REALLY like to hear it........  ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Edit: So it's longer than 25 minutes?  Tapping silverware?  Now I really really really wanna hear it!!  You got my curiosity.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:57:42 PM by TheBeachBoysFan » Logged

You're gonna lose the fight....
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:52:35 PM »

I sure wish it had included the tapping-silverware piece that made Brian say "That's so great, I'm gonna put it on the album!"
Jason
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »

As far as we're aware, the 24:26 tape is complete. It is not from a dinner party at Brian's house; it's from the October 18 session at Western for Do You Like Worms. You can quite clearly hear the entourage (mostly Diane) messing with the talkback in the control room. Plus, they're playing excerpts of the Do You Like Worms tape that was recorded earlier that day. The party tape itself is an exercise in tedium. The principal (and most vocal) attendees are Brian, Diane, Van Dyke, Michael Vosse, Jules Siegel, and (I think) Danny Hutton.
TheBeachBoysFan
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi little girl, it's me, don't you know who I am?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.  I'd like to hear the whole thing if anyone......
I heard a 3 minute snippet on Youtube the other day but obviously that wasn't the whole thing.

You're gonna lose the fight....
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:27 AM »

Man, Diane was hip. I cant wait to read her section of the liner notes.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »

The party tape itself is an exercise in tedium.

I disagree.  I think it's a fascinating look at the dynamic of the group situation Brian was in during the Smile era.  Not something I find myself going back to, but it was really interesting.  Now the Psychedelic Sounds skits, there's an exercise in tedium!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx