gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 11:55:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re- The Bangladeshi hacker.  (Read 4839 times)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:52 AM »

It's a dns exploit. Basically whenever you type a url in your address bar, the url routes to the ip of the website. Like if you go to http://74.125.224.72/ you'll end up at google.com. dns servers link urls to the correct ip addresses.
The guy doing it wasn't malicious from what I can tell. He probably just trolls the internet using some script to find servers where he can use his exploit, the urls get hijacked and redirect, not to their regular ips, but to one of his selecting. Using this exploit one could trick people into providing their usernames/emails/passwords to him.
Basically he thinks he's providing a service by showcasing this exploit in order for people to beef up their security or fix the problem or whatever. That's what a lot of "hackers" do. It's annoying as hell for everyone, but a lot of hackers are just interested in showing off security flaws.

if this person indeed used just a script, he/she then wouldn't even be a "hacker," as a hacker would have found a way to do it from scratch. This person would be considered a "script kiddie" -- so-called because of using a script or other kind of pre-programmed app instead of learning how to do it yourself, and "kiddie" because they're usually kids who are trying to be "1337."

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
rattfink
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 10:07:47 AM »

It's a dns exploit. Basically whenever you type a url in your address bar, the url routes to the ip of the website. Like if you go to http://74.125.224.72/ you'll end up at google.com. dns servers link urls to the correct ip addresses.
The guy doing it wasn't malicious from what I can tell. He probably just trolls the internet using some script to find servers where he can use his exploit, the urls get hijacked and redirect, not to their regular ips, but to one of his selecting. Using this exploit one could trick people into providing their usernames/emails/passwords to him.
Basically he thinks he's providing a service by showcasing this exploit in order for people to beef up their security or fix the problem or whatever. That's what a lot of "hackers" do. It's annoying as hell for everyone, but a lot of hackers are just interested in showing off security flaws.

if this person indeed used just a script, he/she then wouldn't even be a "hacker," as a hacker would have found a way to do it from scratch. This person would be considered a "script kiddie" -- so-called because of using a script or other kind of pre-programmed app instead of learning how to do it yourself, and "kiddie" because they're usually kids who are trying to be "1337."
What about the kids who are trying to be "37!ws"?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »

Well, rattfink, people who would do THAT are just f**king imbeciles, that's all.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

I had to laugh when people were wondering about Ghost being involved in the hacking.  LOL
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »

I had to laugh when people were wondering about Ghost being involved in the hacking.  LOL

I had to laugh when Phil Cohen jumped to the conclusion on two message boards that he was being accused of being involved in the hacking when really people were subtletly suggesting it was Ghost.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx