gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680816 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:26:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile Sessions spoiler thread **Open at your own risk!**  (Read 42640 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »

Spoiler alert! I got an advance on the box set and when "Teeter-Totter Love" came on the car stereo my 9-year-old said, 'What the hell is this?' Does that make him a sh*tweasel or a f**khead? Or, mayhaps, a budding music critic? Either way, Jasper Dailey didn't rock, after all. I'm sure he was a great photog, tho.

Grin

Peter, if you're able to comment:

What's your verdict on disc 1? Rumours of flown in vocals over Great Shape/Barnyard etc. are causing contention on the fan boards. As a long time Smile fan, do these tracks work for you?

What are the high points of the set?

Also, are you able to comment on the structure of the part 2 Heroes mix, please?

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

Peter, if you're afraid of legal/social/moral recrimination, please ask your kid and post their reviews instead.  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »

When you're given an advance copy, you have to sign something promising to come on this board and make cryptic, teasing remarks, then log off again

Come on, we want a 60,000 word review of  every second of music!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »

I honestly think it might have something to do with the fact that the press contract reads,

"After you click the link to the encrypted stream, if you mention any pertinent details on public record Capitol Records reserve the right to send you to the moon to never hear the boxset again, and to also tell the worlds press you perpetrated several terrorist attacks/child kidnappings/orphanage frauds/recent broadway musicals/dubstep so no-one ever misses your lunar-bound ass.

Sign here ..................................."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:50:12 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »

QUOTE FROM THE HOFFMAN FORUMS:
So included in that vocal montage is something that is going to destroy our minds and/or completely rewrite SMiLE history??
This intrigues me.... what could be there?

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

QUOTE FROM THE HOFFMAN FORUMS:
So included in that vocal montage is something that is going to destroy our minds and/or completely rewrite SMiLE history??
This intrigues me.... what could be there?

Very intriguing indeed.  Assuming it's something that only exists in vocals-only form, perhaps it's another "wall of Brian" snippet a la "Don't Talk"?
pacarlin
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »

I haven't really had time to focus on it that intently, to come up with precise thoughts and critiques and etc. And while I'm not sure if my copy came with warnings (I bet it did; i bet I just didn't look at them) I bet I'd err on the side of not spoiling stuff. Tho that said, I'm not sure how you can spoil a song or an album or whatever. I'm just listening in bits and fits and starts, and to be honest the main thing I'm thinking is that it sounds a lot sunnier and less mysterious than my younger, pre-BWPS selves would have imagined. Apart from a few curious exchanges/instructions/demands, Brian sounds like a very focused, very controlled producer who knows exactly what he wants and how he wants to get there. The musicians aren't thrown by anything. And on the vocal sessions, the BBs sound completely compliant and eager to do their thing (tho we all know what went on when the mics were off).
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »

I haven't really had time to focus on it that intently, to come up with precise thoughts and critiques and etc. And while I'm not sure if my copy came with warnings (I bet it did; i bet I just didn't look at them) I bet I'd err on the side of not spoiling stuff. Tho that said, I'm not sure how you can spoil a song or an album or whatever. I'm just listening in bits and fits and starts, and to be honest the main thing I'm thinking is that it sounds a lot sunnier and less mysterious than my younger, pre-BWPS selves would have imagined. Apart from a few curious exchanges/instructions/demands, Brian sounds like a very focused, very controlled producer who knows exactly what he wants and how he wants to get there. The musicians aren't thrown by anything. And on the vocal sessions, the BBs sound completely compliant and eager to do their thing (tho we all know what went on when the mics were off).

Yes, exactly.

Edit: I mean based on what was already available, I've not heard any of TSS except what we all have heard.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:21:17 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »

*raises hand* I don't mind any blatant spoilers, as long as they're marked as such in a thread such as this.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »

*raises hand* I don't mind any blatant spoilers, as long as they're marked as such in a thread such as this.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx