gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:57:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MURRY WILSON is on MySpace!  (Read 5398 times)
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:18:59 PM »

Check him out!

http://MySpace.com/MurryWilson

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:40:13 PM »

That session is morbidly funny, but it's also extremely pathetic.  I find myself felling really sorry for Murry- even if Brian did coach him to say all that stuff. LOL

During my chance encounter with Chuck Britz in 1994 (I bumped into him in the hallway at work!) I asked him about that session, which had just been bootlegged recently at the time, but he hadn't heard it and didn't seem too interested.  He just smiled and said "I had my own way of dealing with Murry."

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 04:22:38 PM »

Where were you working at the time?

C-Man
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 04:50:25 PM »

Hanna-Barbera, an old (now extinct) animation studio that produced cartoons for TV from 1957 until the mid-nineties, when Turner swallowed it (1993) and Warner Brothers swallowed Turner (1995).  My current avatar is an H-B character.

Chuck told me he'd been working there for years (ten?), and then retired about a week after I discovered him. I was always worried that he was trying to get away from me!

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »

Seriously, who hasnt heard of Hanna-Barbera? The 2nd best animation studio in the world. (After Walt Disney Studios 3D)

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
JScott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

That Help Me Rhonda session makes me feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. He was a bitter, patronising, passive-aggressive, jealous control freak. I can't believe no one got to the point where they just told him to shut the "F" up. Just the amount of times he says "loosen up" and "sing from your hearts" makes me want to scream.

Look how angry this post is, and I wasn't even there!

“Hey, I don’t know the answer to life. I just know that when enough voices combine with the right melody, you’ve got the sound of heaven.”
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 05:09:29 PM »

Old preparation H & B...where the great ones went to die...

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »

That Help Me Rhonda session makes me feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown. He was a bitter, patronising, passive-aggressive, jealous control freak.

If you listen again, you also hear a desperately unhappy old man who's been pushed aside and is being reminded (gently at first) that he doesn't matter anymore.  His dreams are being collected by his sons, whom he feels in competition with, and they're barely tolerating him.  He probably knows he's intolerable, but can't help himself.  His wife is almost eerily silent.  As the snickers and the resentment become more overt, his pride keeps telling him to leave, but he can't quite bear to. He wants to matter.  All the anger and negativity have consumed him, while his son has somehow become the man he wanted to be.  Whatever his crimes, and they were apparently many, I can't feel anything but sorry for him on that night at Western.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 05:20:19 PM by Surfer Joe » Logged

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »

Surfer Joe,
         You can't just casually mention that you RAN INTO CHUCK BRITZ AT WORK and leave it at that! I know you said he retired shortly after you started working there, but we want to know EVERYTHING about that week!  What did he do there, what was he like, what did he look like, EVERYTHING!
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »

Well, Sherriff, it's like this...

I have meant to post my Chuck Britz story for some time, just because it was a thrill for me, but there's sadly little of substance to it.  There is a funny side story.  Whenever I do tell the whole thing, aeijtzsche and guitarfool will have me flogged- and rightfully- for the wasted opportunity.  What's worse, I worked in the building with him for a long time and didn't know it because they hadn't yet put nameplates on the door and I didn't go through the sound department all that often.

Ugh.

But I got to shake his hand and tell him he was great.  And he was a hell of a nice guy.

I'll put up a fresh thread soon so I don't derail this one any further.

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »

I have meant to post my Chuck Britz story for some time, just because it was a thrill for me
I'll put up a fresh thread soon so I don't derail this one any further.

Looking forward to it...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »

Brian (or maybe Al): "I just had a bottle of wine, I'm so dizzy."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 11:09:53 PM by Aegir » Logged

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
paulisdead
Smiley Smile Newbie

turnmeondeadmanturnmeondeadman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 12:23:01 AM »

And that's what I love about the Internet. Now we live in an age where we can have animated shorts tailor made for hardcore rock geeks  Razz.

If you listen again, you also hear a desperately unhappy old man who's been pushed aside...

By the way Surfer Joe...kudos on that very insightful post.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 12:24:35 AM by paulisdead » Logged
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

Brian (or maybe Al): "I just had a bottle of wine, I'm so dizzy."

That's Al.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 10:07:27 AM »

And that's what I love about the Internet. Now we live in an age where we can have animated shorts tailor made for hardcore rock geeks  Razz.

Nothing better than a four part animated series about Murray Wilson...he's a genius too, y'know!

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »

If you listen again, you also hear a desperately unhappy old man who's been pushed aside...

By the way Surfer Joe...kudos on that very insightful post.

Thanks*

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx