gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:42:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do What You Wanta (Cover) - Van Dyke Parks  (Read 1175 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

Hey Smiley Smilers!

I decided to record a version of 'Do What You Wanta' by Van Dyke Parks today. Ever since I heard it I thought it was one of the best songs I'd ever heard. I recorded this cover in my bedroom, using an AT2020 mic, Fender acoustic, and an Imac. I play all the instruments and I sing all the parts.

I changed the bridge a bit (because I couldn't figure out the chords) - but other than that it's pretty much the same.

Anyways, hope you all like it! I think it's my best cover yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxgUKGz-1bg

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ghost
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

You should cover That's Not Me, I'm Waiting For The Day, Girl Don't Tell Me.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »

Hey Smiley Smilers!

I decided to record a version of 'Do What You Wanta' by Van Dyke Parks today. Ever since I heard it I thought it was one of the best songs I'd ever heard. I recorded this cover in my bedroom, using an AT2020 mic, Fender acoustic, and an Imac. I play all the instruments and I sing all the parts.

I changed the bridge a bit (because I couldn't figure out the chords) - but other than that it's pretty much the same.

Anyways, hope you all like it! I think it's my best cover yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxgUKGz-1bg

You beat me to it! I love this song. Luckily, you did a fine job as usual  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »

Thanks hypehat!! When I first heard this song I was awestruck that it wasn't more popular. Apparently he has some more of his songs coming out later this year in a compilation album. Can't wait to get my hands on that!

@ghost: I'll definitely take a shot at some of those....specially I'm Waiting For The Day.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx