gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 08:04:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Updated: Postcard From California Saga, final post  (Read 15395 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 10:00:08 AM »

I would be enthused about a folk album from Al- low key, not overproduced, and totally awesome. Like when he sings Sloop John B or California on Endless Harmony with just the piano and guitar.
… or along the lines of his solo version of California Saga, which appeared on the ESQ CD One In A Million ? Still love that.

“We live in divisive times.”
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2011, 10:27:48 AM »

exactly! neverheard it though...  Sad
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »

"Don't Fight the Sea" would have been a great "new" BB song for a new BB album, and a great way to integrate Carl into a new album. But as it has already been released, I wouldn't want it to take up space on an album if the alternative is getting something we haven't heard. But I would doubt a new BB album would clock in at 80 minutes anyway, so I wouldn't mind if they stuck it on the new album I suppose. It would give a really good song a more wide audience.

I too wonder if Al is either mining stuff like "Waves of Love" for a BB album, or if he's at least putting the reissue of "Postcards" on hold for the BB reunion. Would the group be annoyed if he tried to capitalize on the group publicity by putting out his solo album? I dunno.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that this won't come out until 2056?

A broken man too tough to cry
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »

...and Al`s album was delayed again!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »

Still says Feb 7th on my Amazon pre-order, but it says it won't be here till the 14th. I'm guessing Amazon has yet to update it then.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »

Not sure how many delays this expanded physical release has had to date, but I'm beginning to suspect that the Celebration tour has it beat and that we'll never see it.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Al Jardine "Postcard from California"
   Estimated arrival date: March 30 2012 - April 02 2012

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for this item yet as we don't debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when your items are dispatched to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:13 AM »

I hear Al's still working on the 12" disco version of 'Take A Load Off Your Feet'.

Might be huge.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »

It is interesting to note that the album has been removed from Spotify though, don't know what this means, but maybe Al's trying to get a deal set up with someone or something to that effect?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 09:57:23 AM »

I bought Postcard almost 9 months ago from Amazon...it was their CD-R thing, not a factory pressed disc. It's nothing revolutionary, but it is a nice enjoyable listen...the guest spots read as a who's who of American rock and roll old farts, plus Flea and some other Beach Boys.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 12:17:05 PM »

I hear Al's still working on the 12" disco version of 'Take A Load Off Your Feet'.

Might be huge.

Executive Producer: Michael E. Love
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:36 PM »

I bought Postcard almost 9 months ago from Amazon...it was their CD-R thing, not a factory pressed disc. It's nothing revolutionary, but it is a nice enjoyable listen...the guest spots read as a who's who of American rock and roll old farts, plus Flea and some other Beach Boys.

Yup, bought that, and the download. This though is the proper pressed "silver disc" that we've been told is imminent.

Al's son Matt (inheritor of the most authentic Beach Boys falsetto there is) occasionally posts here - I wonder if he might be able to shed any light?

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »

Nothing like consistency!

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Estimated arrival date: April 05 2012 - April 10 2012

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for this item yet as we don't debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when your items are dispatched to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.

Warmest regards,

Amazon.co.uk

Seriously doubting whether this will ever arrive!

Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 11:20:57 AM »

I would be enthused about a folk album from Al- low key, not overproduced, and totally awesome. Like when he sings Sloop John B or California on Endless Harmony with just the piano and guitar.
… or along the lines of his solo version of California Saga, which appeared on the ESQ CD One In A Million ? Still love that.

Is that the same one that plays for a few seconds on Endless Harmony? I've always wanted to hear that, any idea where I can find it?
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »

Part of me wonders if the delay occurred so it wouldn't clash with the release of the new Beach Boys album. Just a thought.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »

I was wondering if the release date for Postcard would change after "Waves of Love" got moved to the new Beach Boys album.... I'm thinking WOL will no longer be a bonus track on Postcard and that would necessitate production changes in both CD and packaging, resulting in another delay.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:53:35 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »

I'd put "Don't Fight the Sea" on the BB reunion album, since very few people have heard it. Al can't get his album together, so rather than let it collect dust for another 50 years (Al plans to live to a very, very ripe old age  LOL), just get it out there.
SG7
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

Considering long how he kept tweaking Loop de Loop  LOL
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »

I doubt the same version would be used. Take some of those vocal tracks and put them to a new backin track so it fits with the feel of the rest of the new material.

That said, I keep wondering if we'll get the Grammys live version of G. Vibes as well as the DIA remake, to take up any slack…?

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »

I hope the live Good Vibrations isn't on there, it's like one minute's worth of the song.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:58 PM »

I hope the live Good Vibrations isn't on there, it's like one minute's worth of the song.

...and very awkwardly-performed with that.  It has no business being included on the album. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 03:06:01 AM »

I'll be running out of colours for these updates soon…

Hello,
   Estimated arrival date: April 13 2012 - April 16 2012
Warmest regards,
Amazon.co.uk

I'm not really complaining by the way – I've really enjoyed Postcards in its existing formats, the excitement of TSS and the reunion tour/album news – but some kind of explanation for the continual delays ought to be forthcoming by now.  You know, fans support favourite artists by ordering product, favourite artists frustrate fans by not providing said product.  Just a courtesy…  please?

Paulos
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 03:11:10 AM »

I guess the continued delays are due to a) the new Beach Boys album coming out and b)one of the bonus tracks (Waves Of Love) being appropriated for the new Beach Boys album. Al should just delay the whole thing until August/September when the tour is over and his public profile should be higher by thi spoint which may give him more sales rather than it being released in the shadow of the new Beach Boys album.
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »

"Al Jardine’s new album A Postcard From California will be officially released on CD on Tuesday March 27th on Robo Records (distributed by Universal Music/Fontana). In addition to the ten tracks released on iTunes in 2010, the album will include three bonus tracks: Waves Of Love, California Dreamin’ (featuring Glen Campbell, David Crosby and John Stamos on bongos) and a reworking of Sloop John B based on Al’s 2005 children’s book Sloop John B: A Pirate’s Tale. A Postcard From California will be available on Amazon.com and select record stores. More info coming soon!"

- From Al's Facebook

So "Waves of Love" ... ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:54:04 PM by Max » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

From Al's facebook page:
Al Jardine’s new album A Postcard From California will be officially released on CD on Tuesday March 27th on Robo Records (distributed by Universal Music/Fontana). In addition to the ten tracks released on iTunes in 2010, the album will include three bonus tracks: Waves Of Love, California Dreamin’ (featuring Glen Campbell, David Crosby and John Stamos on bongos) and a reworking of Sloop John B based on Al’s 2005 children’s book Sloop John B: A Pirate’s Tale. A Postcard From California will be available on Amazon.com and select record stores. More info coming soon!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx