gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680776 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 03:10:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in Manchester 13th September  (Read 4559 times)
RollPlymouthRock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

Great set by Brian and the band. Including Brian playing keyboard and strapping on a guitar! Also a bizarre incident were he got the audience to sing Mary had a little lamb. Very nice end to the show with love and mercy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:26:54 AM »

Great set by Brian and the band. Including Brian playing keyboard and strapping on a guitar! Also a bizarre incident were he got the audience to sing Mary had a little lamb. Very nice end to the show with love and mercy.

Love And Mercy?  In Gateshead and Glasgow they ended with All Summer Long. Hmm.

By the way: it would be a nice closure to end with "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off"...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »

Someone posted this setlist for the Manchester concert, does it sound accurate?

Set 1: Gershwin album

Set 2:
California Girls 
Dance, Dance, Dance 
Catch a Wave 
Surfer Girl 
"Mary Had A Little Lamb" 
In My Room 
Don't Worry Baby 
Do You Wanna Dance? 
Do It Again 
Darlin' 
All Summer Long 
Breakaway 
I Get Around 
Your Imagination 
Sail On, Sailor 
Pet Sounds 
Sloop John B 
Wouldn't It Be Nice 
God Only Knows 
Heroes and Villains 
Good Vibrations 

Encore:
Johnny B. Goode   
Help Me, Rhonda 
Barbara Ann 
Surfin' USA 
Fun, Fun, Fun 

Encore 2:
Love and Mercy 

"Your Imagination", "Break Away" and the return of "L&M"? Hope that stays around till the RFH shows!
RollPlymouthRock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »

Yeah that setlist is right i was very surprised about Your Imagination when they started playing it i didn't recognise . Other vocalists Jeff on Don't Worry Baby and Wouldn't it be Nice, Darian on Darlin' and Scott on Sail On Sailor. Only criticism of the show was that there were too many up tempo songs i would have prefered some more slower ones like DTPYHOMS or Caroline No or IJWMFTT other than that a truly great set. Funny story the person i was with left after the first encore even though i'd said there would probably be two encores and ended up rushing back in half way through love & mercy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:06:31 PM »

The Gateshead and Glasgow setlists were almost identical, the only difference being Breakaway which was played in Glasgow but not in Gateshead.

Nice aditions in Manchester I see. Rather different compared to the setlists from Gateshead and Glasgow.
(see: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,11057.msg212085.html#msg212085)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »

I thought of the 10 or so Brian shows I've been to this was in the top 5. Good setlist, amazing sound / venue and the guy on the mixing board got a great balance of the whole band.

I thought Brian got better and better with each song he did and he appeared a lot more confident compared to the Bestival appearance a few days earlier.

Only complaint - a pretty ropey selection of tour merchandise. They don't have programmes but they sell a "wine cooler" bag thing? Huh?!

Favourite songs of the night - TLIILY, TCTTAFM, WIBN and YI.

Great stuff Brian...  Grin

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »

What a night in Manchester.

I never thought Dublin could be beat buy they did it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 03:22:29 AM »

They don't have programmes but they sell a "wine cooler" bag thing? Huh?!

Yep, that would've been my only complaint as well. The tour programes are usually well worth the buy. As for the wine cooler (with a drawing of giraffe on it): I assume they had some left after the BW/AJ Pet Sounds tour of a few years back...

Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:43:01 AM »

They don't have programmes but they sell a "wine cooler" bag thing? Huh?!

Yep, that would've been my only complaint as well. The tour programes are usually well worth the buy. As for the wine cooler (with a drawing of giraffe on it): I assume they had some left after the BW/AJ Pet Sounds tour of a few years back...

I must have missed the wine bags the first time round. The guy at BW Marketing must have been "thinking outside of the box" when he thought that the demand for this item would be a winner Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:45:30 AM by Zander » Logged

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx