gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:56:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW in Gateshead and Glasgow (Sept. 10th & 11th 2011)  (Read 3665 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:36:43 AM »

Just got back from a long weekend in the UK, so I have some catching up to do here.

Anyone in doubt whether or not to go to one of the other BW UK shows I can advise to go for it. You won't be disappointed. The shows in Gateshead and Glasgow were GREAT  !!

I could write a book about the last 4 days, but that'll take me few days to write it all down here, and I have to do some work now first. But having the opportunity to shake BW's hand during the meet&greets was priceless (as was meeting the band afterwards and the afterparty in a pub in Glasgow), and will not be forgotten. The band and Brian were all in good shape this weekend. The first set consists of the complete Gershwin album. After the break it's hits and other great tracks all the way. And Darian sure nails it doing lead voc's on Darlin'. (and Scotty on Sail On Sailor ain't bad either). And be sure to stay seated for the second encore...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »

Setlists:

Sept. 10th 2011 - Gateshead

Set 1:
- Gershwin album

Set 2:
1. California Girls 
2. Dance, Dance, Dance 
3. Surfer Girl 
4. Please Let Me Wonder
5. Salt Lake City 
6. Don't Worry Baby (lead Jeff Foskett)
7. Do You Wanna Dance? 
8. Do It Again 
9. Darlin' (lead Darian Sahanaja)
10. The Little Girl I Once Knew
11. I Get Around 
12. Sail On, Sailor (lead Scott Bennett)
13. Pet Sounds 
14. Sloop John B 
15. Wouldn't It Be Nice (lead Jeff Foskett)
16. God Only Knows 
17. Heroes and Villains 
18. Good Vibrations 

Encore:
1. Johnny B. Goode   
2. Help Me, Rhonda 
3. Barbara Ann 
4. Surfin' USA 
5. Fun, Fun, Fun 

Encore 2:
1. All Summer Long 

"Mary Had A Little Lamb" was played in the 2nd set, don't know where exactly. O, and the good ol'e cigarette lighter joke turned up again...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sept. 11th 2011 - Glasgow

Set 1:
- Gershwin album

Set 2:
1. California Girls 
2. Dance, Dance, Dance 
3. Surfer Girl 
4. Please Let Me Wonder
5. Salt Lake City 
6. Don't Worry Baby (lead Jeff Foskett)
7. Do You Wanna Dance? 
8. Do It Again 
9. Darlin' (lead Darian Sahanaja)
10. Breakaway 
11. The Little Girl I Once Knew
12. I Get Around 
13. Sail On, Sailor (lead Scott Bennett)
14. Pet Sounds 
15. Sloop John B 
16. Wouldn't It Be Nice (lead Jeff Foskett)
17. God Only Knows  (dedicated to the victims of 9/11 2001)
18. Heroes and Villains 
19. Good Vibrations 

Encore:
1. Johnny B. Goode   
2. Help Me, Rhonda 
3. Barbara Ann 
4. Surfin' USA 
5. Fun, Fun, Fun 

Encore 2:
1. All Summer Long 

Again, "Mary Had A Little Lamb" was played, but I can't remember where exactly (in the 2nd set)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »

What was the pub in Glasgow?

I wasn't impressed by the mix during the Gershwin show in Gateshead - felt Brian was too shrill.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:18:22 PM »

What was the pub in Glasgow?

That was Boteco Intimo, on 62 Trongate.

I wasn't impressed by the mix during the Gershwin show in Gateshead - felt Brian was too shrill.

Hmm, strange, I thought he sounded much more shrill in Glasgow. From where I was seated in Gateshead the sound (and BW's voice) was great.

dave maclean
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »

Hey Big fella, it was great to meet up with you again, come back to the North East whenever you wish, Maybe when Pet Sounds shop opens its doors again.  Short fat Dave.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »

Hey Dave ! Yes it was great to see you both again (after 7 years... time flies eh?). Our good friend John P. did invite me (and the wife) to give NE England another visit, so who knows?

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx