gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:48:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stormy Weather [Cover]  (Read 1579 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 03:14:11 AM »

Also up in the deluge of material on Soundcloud is this, a cover of the Harold Arlen tune Stormy Weather, sung by my friend Ellie. We always sang it at parties and things, so we decided to record it. And I decided to go OTT with the arrangement.  Grin

http://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/stormy-weather

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »

No-one? I promise I'm not singing on it  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »

Oh dang, didn't even see this....I post stuff in SmileySmiler's who make music a lot, but rarely peruse through it.

This sounds like vintage material! How did you get the orchestration?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »

Edirol Orchestral - same thing I used on the California Girls thing a while back. It's a VST plugin, and amazingly not sampled sounds - all synthetic! The violins sound a bit dodgy, but the horns! Dear god....

It's mostly her voice that gets that sound, she's so good! It's her favourite song to sing. We're talking about doing more, but that won't be for a while. Just happy to have done this  Smiley

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »

Jeesh, it sounds brilliant. Can't believe that's all synthesized! And yeah, that voice sounds vintage. Great you have people like that to work with!

How much did that program set you back?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:53:01 AM »

Er, I torrented it  Grin

Annoying that she lives miles away and we're both broke, so travelling any which way to record is difficult.... we're gonna try and get an albums worth of covers/a couple of things i done wrote soon, in this vein. Glad you liked it  Smiley

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »

Not my genre, but it sounds great!  I really wish I had a better recording set-up, and more know how regarding the addition of other instruments, drums and bass, for example.  Keep posting, and sorry I missed this when you first posted it.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx