gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:08:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson is dead... (not really)  (Read 5809 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

by the way when Charles Schultz died the same day as his last comic strip I found that to be a bit creepy..
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:39:06 PM »

I saw that book in a store a few months back and was surprised! There was one other huge error in it about the The Beach boys which I can't recall now.......?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »

by the way when Charles Schultz died the same day as his last comic strip I found that to be a bit creepy..

A lot of people tend to die when there's a sense of closure. I remember one of my philosophy instructors said how her father had cancer, and one day he decided to finally fix the tool shed after it had some problem for years, and the very next day he was dead. And remember season 3 of The Real World? Pedro Zamora died the day the final episode aired.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »

A lot of people tend to die when there's a sense of closure. I remember one of my philosophy instructors said how her father had cancer, and one day he decided to finally fix the tool shed after it had some problem for years, and the very next day he was dead. And remember season 3 of The Real World? Pedro Zamora died the day the final episode aired.

Don't say this.... please... remember Nov 1st Sad

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »

That's not true, but he died less than a month after. Weird enough.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 01:41:56 PM »

Actually, he DID die the day of -- we're talking the full-bodied Sunday comic, not the abridged weekday version of the same strip.

FOTM -- don't worry; I don't think November 1 will bring Brian any sense of closure...from what I gather, he's pretty far removed from it...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »

Well, he retired a month before - the last strip was published in the event of his passing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanuts#The_end_of_Peanuts

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 05:23:49 PM »

... and has been for 13 years, according a book called Chart Toppers that I found. Observe:

Like how the insert says that man standing with them is Murry Wilson, when it really isn't.

I have a large book from the late 70s with that photo in it by John Tobler. He also claims that it was Murray Wilson. I don't see it. Can anyone varify?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »

Or mayhaps you philosophy instructor's father just overworked himself.

A lot of people die with a legit depressing amount of unfinished business. Elliott Smith's last album comes to mind, although that's probably a minor example.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 08:39:05 PM »

Well, he retired a month before - the last strip was published in the event of his passing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanuts#The_end_of_Peanuts

Just to clarify, comic artists generally run between two and six weeks ahead of schedule in terms of drawing, and often longer ahead on the Sunday strips than the daily strips, so Schultz retired, but it took another month or so for the strip to stop running.  In the end, Schulz died the day before the last strip was scheduled to run: it was not published in the event of his passing, it would have been published anyway (the wikipedia article is a bit misleading.)

Not that anyone probably cares, but newspaper comics is one of my few non-beach-boys interests. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »

... and has been for 13 years, according a book called Chart Toppers that I found. Observe:

Like how the insert says that man standing with them is Murry Wilson, when it really isn't.

I have a large book from the late 70s with that photo in it by John Tobler. He also claims that it was Murray Wilson. I don't see it. Can anyone varify?

Guys name was Bill Hesterman. See story below.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635154125/Beach-Boys-are-fun-fun-fun-friends.html
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 04:08:42 AM »

Just to clarify, comic artists generally run between two and six weeks ahead of schedule in terms of drawing, and often longer ahead on the Sunday strips than the daily strips, so Schultz retired, but it took another month or so for the strip to stop running.  In the end, Schulz died the day before the last strip was scheduled to run: it was not published in the event of his passing, it would have been published anyway (the wikipedia article is a bit misleading.)

Not that anyone probably cares, but newspaper comics is one of my few non-beach-boys interests. 

Ah, I see  Smiley I was pretty much raised on Peanuts, but being a Britisher I just had tonnes of paperback collections instead of seeing it in the paper everyday. That must have been a treat.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »

Guys name was Bill Hesterman. See story below.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/635154125/Beach-Boys-are-fun-fun-fun-friends.html

Thanks! I couldn't believe it was Murray. Now I know its not. Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

I thought the guy mistaken as Murry (no "a") was a limo driver they hired in Mexico???

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx