gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:03:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scores, volume one.  (Read 1138 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:10:05 AM »

Following a successful season of unemployment, I have decided to chuck up all the score work I have done onto Soundcloud. In it are the segues and songs recorded for five shows I've done since January this year! (There are more, but my sound contributions were non-musical so they are not up there). I've dotted these about the forum, but it's good to have these in one place, I suppose. Some haven't been uploaded before.

These also encompass the entire time I've possessed musical software and have been arranging and composing for the stage, so there is a definite progression in terms of playing and general skill after The Snow Queen, and Romeo And Juliet. It's funny to look back on what I let myself get away with back then... in January  LOL

http://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/sets/score

Constructive criticism is always welcome  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:16:35 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »

hypehat:

Thanks for posting all of this in a single, consolidated place.  I'm not sure I am qualified to offer technical feedback on your work.  However, what I tried to do was imagine myself in a dark theater, watching one of these plays, while listening.  I had zero context for The Snow Queen and by the time I got to Romeo & Juliet I was multi-tasking (though I did notice the track length decreased significantly sometime after TSQ).  I liked the vibe of TSQ, it sounds like it is supposed to - like music for a play.  I'll need to listen again giving it my full attention in order to provide more valuable feedback.  BTW, is this music piped in or played live during the show?

mps

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »

Thanks - the music was piped in for all of these with the exception of the Loves Labours Lost things - they are demos for songs (from the show itself, so they're shakespeares lyrics) that we sang onstage with more people. Those are also SO casual, btw, I just got my friends round a microphone and we hashed these things out.

I know it's a big ol' chunk of music, though. Soundcloud only lets you make three 'albums' so I thought I'd better stick it all in one place.

The Snow Queen is the only one where the director asked for a 'score', really - we had to act over them, whereas most of the other bits are segues whilst changing scenes, dances, or songs in general.

Another concern is that I was acting in all of these as well*, so I hadn't as much time as I would like to finish a lot of these off - Lines to be learnt, etc. So they're rush jobs, not helped by my lack of ability.

*well, not The Secret Garden, but the director was a little unsympathetic to the fact I have a life/illnesses/etc, so I kinda phoned it all in. But on the whole, I do love this sort of work. Hearing it on that stage is lovely. And they are little productions, so it's nice to have a sounding ground for stuff that works/doesn't work.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx