gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 02:23:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in Dublin  (Read 2916 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »

Well, what can I say.

My second time seeing Brian and a truly amazing experience. The capacity crowd were in awe of Brian, God Only Knows received an extended standing ovation of about 4 minutes, people just screaming, showing love for Brian.

The set list which I can't remember by heart was perfect . Gershwin set first half which went over great then the hits/lesser known cuts. "Little Girl", "Pet Sounds" (which sounded great), "Please Let Me Wonder", "H&V".

Great crowd but prior to the encore not big into standing up apart from a few of us. I was actually told to sit down at one stage because I wouldn't sit after "Do You Wanna Dance" where Scott had the whole crowd stand up, "Do it again" is just so funky

Brian was very funny, he had the whole crowd sing "Mary had a little lamb" which cracked me up. He seemed tired at times but he gave it his all.

All and all great show, roll on Manchester.

Here's some vids I took, excuse my singing   Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QibWOfy8Tlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u98183sU9ic
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:10:16 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 07:02:06 AM »

Well, what can I say.

My second time seeing Brian and a truly amazing experience. The capacity crowd were in awe of Brian, God Only Knows received an extended standing ovation of about 4 minutes, people just screaming, showing love for Brian.

The set list which I can't remember by heart was perfect . Gershwin set first half which went over great then the hits/lesser known cuts. "Little Girl", "Pet Sounds" (which sounded great), "Please Let Me Wonder", "H&V".

Great crowd but prior to the encore not big into standing up apart from a few of us. I was actually told to sit down at one stage because I wouldn't sit after "Do You Wanna Dance" where Scott had the whole crowd stand up, "Do it again" is just so funky

Brian was very funny, he had the whole crowd sing "Mary had a little lamb" which cracked me up. He seemed tired at times but he gave it his all.

All and all great show, roll on Manchester.

Here's some vids I took, excuse my singing   Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QibWOfy8Tlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u98183sU9ic
Awesome show, don't worry I was singing at my BW concert as well. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
WaxOn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 11:10:40 AM »

I suppose that "Mary Had A Little Lamb" was the GB version of "Row Row Row Your Boat" that he did here in the States.

I'm particularly pleased he's selling out the venues there - I was quite disappointed at the turnout we had in Northern California.
Glad you got to see him and the band!

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »

Really enjoyed it. Didnt realise he was gonna play all the Gershwin album so that was a nice surprise.

He played "Youre so good to me" - Pretty sure I never heard him do that song before (seen him about ten times now)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx