gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:41:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Opera "Verity"  (Read 1046 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

Hey Everyone, Earlier I got asked about some of my own productions, and not just covers.

My current project is called "Verity" and it is VERY ambitious, in a way only SMiLE/Brian fans could appreciate.
I want to get some opinions on the story-line....

The album is a pseudo-fiction-auto-biography,
meaning that the events aren't real, but the FEELINGS are,

It follows a boy named John, who finds out that his girl friend has cheated on him.
Now, this makes John a little insecure... his life pretty much revolves around 3 things...
LOVE, FAMILY, AND MUSIC
John can't believe that his love was all a lie!

He gets approached by an older man who asks why he is so upset.
John answers him by telling him "All these liers are making him angry!" the man tells Jonh about about a prism
called the "Besage" that, much like normal prisms, changes simple things, into complex thoughts when shone through.
So pretty much, it can tell you how people really feel. HOWEVER He tells John to "Enter with Precaution,
There's things you shouldn't know!" John, doubting the power he now possesses, decides
"Now I know what I must do, I know my parents must be true!" "I'll test this power and this might, to bring the truth into the light!"

John heads to his family, another very important part of his life, he uses the Besage and finds that his parents think he's
"Going Nowhere" and that he's pretty much a loser. Now, this makes John even more upset, obviously, so he decides that
the only thing left to do is head to off to a concert starting soon.

When John arrives, he uses the Besage on the band members, and finds that their inspiring lyrics are all just a cover up,
and that they could care less about fans, lyrics, and music. Now John is finished, the things most dear to him are gone, and he goes insane.
He realizes out of Paranoia that even HE HIMSELF could just be a lie, a nothing, and he uses the Besage on himself and "Looks in the mirror"
He realizes that everything in his life is "All Gone Now" and he is finished. Then... the phone rings.

John, panting in fear answers the phone, it's a high school lover, long lost in time, she tells him that she is in the city, and wants to see him.
They go to the park later in the night, and whatever happens goes very well, John has found the only thing in life that is never a lie.
TRUE LOVE
John decides that "He Can Go On" and goes with his love, to start a new life, in VERITY.

So... Crazy right? It's not fantastic, but I guess it's better to have an ambitious story then a boring one... haha
The music is pretty much recorded, vocal sessions are going well...

Here's a single from the Album, which should be out soon. "Prologue" is an intro, and "Broken" is for when his girl friend cheats on him.
http://iridescencemusic.bandcamp.com/album/broken-b-w-prolouge-single

So... bad or good?

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »

You really need to take better care in your recordings - cheap keyboard sounds aren't doing the Prologue any favours - depending on what you use, there are some decent vst pianos like 4front (which has a kinda tack sound, but is high quality) or the one in Edirol Orchestral which sound more palatable. And the vocals in Broken are so low in the mix/drenched in reverb I could barely hear the lyrics!

As for a story, I am generally not a fan of 'concept albums' in general but so long as storytelling doesn't intefere with good songwriting, I'm game.  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx