gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:17:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another New Brian interview  (Read 3508 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »

we really need to start putting these into some sort of rolling thread, people really wanna talk to him for some reason.

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2011/09/brian-wilson-on-record/

His assessment of the keys in songwriting is wonderful  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:57 AM »

That is great - one of the funniest I've read for a long time.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:03:51 AM »

Scott Bennett's comment is dead-on. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »

The absolute, absolute best part of the interview is the guy asked him two different times what color "a" is, and both times Brian said "Red".  LOL.  Oh my my my. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »

What an arrogant, self-centered prick! I wrote this and that was my idea and everybody's against me and everybody says I am the one who makes everybody happy and my music is the bomb and GV is TOO ARTY! Hello?

How dare he go on and on about himself and his accomplishments. Let's hate him.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »

First I've heard of the Theremin on "Good Vibrations" being Carl's idea. 
ghost
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »

Do you have favorite songs of your own?

“God Only Knows” and “California Girls.” I like “Good Vibrations” but it’s too arty, it’s not rock and roll. It’s pop.

So Brian changed his mind then since his amphetamine days of TV interviews where he desperately says that Good Vibes IS A ROCK AND ROLL RECORD - IT IS!

Now what? It's not? Brian has lost his mind. He's talkative here about the music, keys, colors, etc though... seems strangely talkative here. What's he on? He mentions drugs and drug records quite enthusiastically. Hmm.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »

“God Only Knows” and “California Girls.” I like “Good Vibrations” but it’s too arty, it’s not rock and roll. It’s pop.

So Brian changed his mind then since his amphetamine days of TV interviews where he desperately says that Good Vibes IS A ROCK AND ROLL RECORD - IT IS!

Now what? It's not? Brian has lost his mind. He's talkative here about the music, keys, colors, etc though... seems strangely talkative here. What's he on? He mentions drugs and drug records quite enthusiastically. Hmm.

He's eating  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:23:09 AM »

Very good interview.!! Maybe people should talk to him about music more and leave the BS + down stuff alone.. Lots of musicians  talk about music in colors.. Never seen BW do it tho..I like that..Bw was very expressive in that interview..
ghost
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »

He's eating  Grin

Ohhhh, strawberries were in the bowl...  Cool Guy
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »

What a wonderful interview!  It makes me wonder if Brian has synesthesia...
ghost
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »

Pleasure Island: A Synthesthetic Holiday

by Brian Wilson

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

Since when is Brian consistent?
As for being talkative, supposedly when he's comfortable he's the old 1960s talkative Brian. And he loves talking music. I love how he says A is intense and E is happy, and then we get: What color is A? Red. What color is E? Red.
earcandy
Smiley Smile Associate

"Humor, too, is one of His creations."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »

Very good interview.!! Maybe people should talk to him about music more and leave the BS + down stuff alone.. Lots of musicians  talk about music in colors.. Never seen BW do it tho..I like that..Bw was very expressive in that interview..

Coming soon...the new Smile Twister Game!  Where each song represents a new colour!

AGD: "For foder's sake don't encourage him !"
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »

It makes me wonder if Brian has synesthesia...

Not necessarily Brian, but it certainly suggests that the interviewer might well have synesthesia. Brian could just be playing along.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »

They can clear that up for him down at the clinic. 
MBE
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 10:52:01 PM »

Fun stuff!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »

I am sure i read this last week!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:04 PM »

Coming soon...the new Smile Twister Game!  Where each song represents a new colour!

LMFAO LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »

FYI...the guy interviewing him was the same guy who interviewed him back in 1999....upon which Brian  basically admitted to not liking Imagination and that it wasn't his kind of music ("...well, vocally it is")

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »

gla to hear that i hope he thinks the oher albums beside smile arent his kind of music
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »

Since when is Brian consistent?
As for being talkative, supposedly when he's comfortable he's the old 1960s talkative Brian. And he loves talking music. I love how he says A is intense and E is happy, and then we get: What color is A? Red. What color is E? Red.

Yeah that is interesting. If it is true, that's an angle to Brian's musicality which isn't touched on much.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx