gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:52:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOOD VIBRATIONS promo video ex-ci-ta-tions  (Read 47958 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »

Before Jules mentioned it, has there ever been a mention of a connection to Philadelphia with that film, or others? There are two specific TV shows which Jules might be referring to, perhaps without knowing what the shows were. The possibility of such a film - if it were in fact delivered to Philly for broadcast - is pretty high considering what the format of those programs included. Interesting development.

Anyone with a bit more info, it would be much appreciated.

Again, I had heard or had been told the film was intended for UK television. And that could be partially true or mostly true. It was definitely shown on UK television, we can prove that.

Yes, there's no doubting it was shown on UK television.  Never in doubt - never was disputed.  It was the official GV Promo shown in the UK  and, I imagine, other countries .  Wonder what US shows it played on, if any.  American Bandstand?  I have no idea what similar US Pop show were on at the time.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »

Jon, you could've practically heard my heart sank when you mentioned the ugly comment Brian made about Dennis. But then again, should I really be suprised? It's not that Brian has malace for his deceased brother, but in my experience with his interviews (never met him, heard more than you could imagine), Dennis' death is always whats on Brian's mind, I think there's a lot of unexpressed grief in Brian--hence why he stood up and told his people he doesn't want to play Dennis' songs. Bad memories.

I'm very dissapointed at the line of questioning expressed here about the questions AGD should ask Brian. It reads like very immature behavior. Once again, though, I'm not suprised.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2011, 05:45:36 PM »

I'm very dissapointed at the line of questioning expressed here about the questions AGD should ask Brian. It reads like very immature behavior. Once again, though, I'm not suprised.

C'mon, that's a put on/sarcasm!  He shouldn't bother Brian with this BS.  And he won't. 

This is just a continuation of a running spat begun a while back.

Think it was his insistence that Pete Best received no Beatles royalties.  AGD's been mad at me ever since he was proved so utterly wrong on that one.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2011, 06:09:15 PM »

Just as one guy posting on the internet, I think this should be a rule of message boards: if it's BS, it doesn't need to be posted. That's just me. Posting inane things insures that one's credibility goes downward.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »

Dennis in general isn't usually a good direction to go in if you want positive energy from Brian. My most recent Brian interview material from just a month or so ago (conducted by my collaborator Howie Edelson) contains one of the most negative things I've ever heard anybody say about Dennis. Brian makes a really ugly comment about his dead brother.  Not fun fun fun. Just bad vibes.

This was twenty years ago, but back then when I mentioned to Brian that my two most favorite Beach Boy recordings were his song God Only Knows and Dennis' song Forever, Brian said absolutely nothing about God Only Knows but when Forever was mentioned he closed his eyes, smiled, then opened his eyes and went on and on about what a beautiful song Forever was and what a great job Dennis had done with it.  He also mentioned that his (Brian's) backing vocals on the fade hadn't been preplanned that way, but they just came to him and he started singing as the track was being played back.

As people have said many times before, one never knows exactly what to expect when speaking to BW.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »

FWIW, Brian did perform "Forever" in 2001 and 2002. The first time I heard him sing it was seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. If you didn't believe in God, an afterlife, or whatever, believe me, if you had been at the Garden State Arts Center at the Brian/Paul Simon show in 2001, you would have instantly become a believer.

When Brian sang "Forever," it was absolutely not Brian. It wasn't Brian on stage, it wasn't even Brian's voice. The tall guy behind the keyboard sang "Forever" with both of his eyes closed and both hands on the microphone...and God help me, it was Dennis's voice that came out of his mouth. Brian was most certainly channeling his brother. (BTW, it was originally the plan that Brian would sing that at the TNT Tribute in 2001, but it was cut due to time; the band had already known it well because of that because they rehearsed it for the tribute.)

I seriously doubt Brian's default attitude toward Dennis is hostility 100% of the time; my guess is that Jon might have caught him at the wrong times...why else would Brian sing Denny's song on two tours?

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »

FWIW, Brian did perform "Forever" in 2001 and 2002. The first time I heard him sing it was seriously one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. If you didn't believe in God, an afterlife, or whatever, believe me, if you had been at the Garden State Arts Center at the Brian/Paul Simon show in 2001, you would have instantly become a believer.

When Brian sang "Forever," it was absolutely not Brian. It wasn't Brian on stage, it wasn't even Brian's voice. The tall guy behind the keyboard sang "Forever" with both of his eyes closed and both hands on the microphone...and God help me, it was Dennis's voice that came out of his mouth. Brian was most certainly channeling his brother. (BTW, it was originally the plan that Brian would sing that at the TNT Tribute in 2001, but it was cut due to time; the band had already known it well because of that because they rehearsed it for the tribute.)

I seriously doubt Brian's default attitude toward Dennis is hostility 100% of the time; my guess is that Jon might have caught him at the wrong times...why else would Brian sing Denny's song on two tours?

He sang it at the show I went to in 2004 as well.

As for Brian's feelings about Dennis...I don't know how he really feels, but I wouldn't be surprised if his feelings change depending on his mood. I wouldn't be surprised if he was like that with Carl as well. I have my own theories, but that's all they are.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2011, 08:50:02 PM »

Just as one guy posting on the internet, I think this should be a rule of message boards: if it's BS, it doesn't need to be posted. That's just me. Posting inane things insures that one's credibility goes downward.

I'd respond but obviously you've either not read all the posts or, if you have, not understood them. 
My credibility is not the issue - I have none.  I profess no expertise in Beach Boy history or trivia.  But when attacked for expressing my opinion, I will respond.

Maybe you're one of his minions, maybe not.  If not , and you keep posting, you'll certainly experience the AGD  treatment in future.

But it's good you express your opinion and I support you doing so!!!!!
By the number of emails of support I've gotten, seems you're in the minority.  It has apparently been entertaining to many.

Now that this thread has taken a much, much more interesting turn, I'll leave it at that.

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »

I have heard Brian say some really kind things about Dennis in years past. However, the subject is a difficult one for him. The fact that DW drowned is real scary to Brian. For the most part I've found Dennis is a sensitive subject, and Brian prefers to not go there. There are many reasons. Dennis looms large in the whole mystique of both Brian and the Beach Boys, and there's a very dark and tragic element too. There is brotherly love, and brotherly resentment and baggage. Its all there. Dennis loved his brothers and he drove them crazy. Same can be said about Brian. My orig. example wasn't to claim somehow that Brian hates Dennis, but more to point out that its a minefield and mentioning Dennis creates a significant potential for pain in BW, I've seen it.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »

I blame Landy for some of the bad feelings Brian might have. I agree that Dennis could have been a "dangerous" person to be around if you were newly sober. But the fact that Landy had Brian "estranged" from Dennis at the time of Dennis's death might significantly complicate how Brian feels about the situation.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2011, 10:51:58 PM »

I seriously fell on the floor laughing when Jon Stebbins wished everyone would "cool off and have a good weekend" and the following two posts were, "Established minion!" and "f*** off"

Incredibly fascinating thread and proof TBB have the best fans

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2011, 11:09:10 PM »

The pm's certain people send in anger are rather humorous too.  Wink

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
theCOD
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »

If not , and you keep posting, you'll certainly experience the AGD  treatment in future.

Cry Cry Cry

Andrew didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Please, stop whining.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »

If not , and you keep posting, you'll certainly experience the AGD  treatment in future.

Cry Cry Cry

More mindless minions roll into action.  Is that COD as in you smell like a one or like to wear a cod piece?

Again, if my posts hurt your delicate feelings, don't read them.  I keep trying to move on but the airheads appear, one by one!

theCOD
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2011, 03:08:44 AM »

That's Chicken of Depression, but I also smell like cod and wear a cod piece.

Not a minion. Just tired of hearing you whine about Andrew. Try to remember this is the internet.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »

He also mentioned that his (Brian's) backing vocals on the fade hadn't been preplanned that way, but they just came to him and he started singing as the track was being played back.
that part is better than the entire song! at 2:33 is something out of this world
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:14:09 AM by movie » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »

That's Chicken of Depression, but I also smell like cod and wear a cod piece.

Not a minion. Just tired of hearing you whine about Andrew. Try to remember this is the internet.

i think all his worshiping minions affectionately refer to him as Andrew.

Wow,, the internet, thanks Einstein!  

I intend to offer surrender terms to 'Andrew' as not to further offend him.  But I AM getting tired of 'your' whining.
Really thought the thread had moved on to other things but two hours later there's you stirring things up again.
Even 'Andrew' had stopped.   

Again, see if you can R E A D this "if you don't like my posts, don't read them."

ps - Chicken of Depression, um, there's some credibility! Now go take you meds and you'll feel better in the morning.

theCOD
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2011, 03:55:08 AM »

Chill bro.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2011, 04:07:09 AM »

That's Chicken of Depression...

Whao, there's a handle from the past !  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
theCOD
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:48 AM »

That's Chicken of Depression...

Whao, there's a handle from the past !  Grin

Yep, still here! My original handle was lost in the SMiLE Shop fallout, so now I'm just the boring COD. Sad
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2011, 06:11:34 AM »

Just love the passive-aggresive tone of "some" of the comments in this thread.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2011, 06:49:24 AM »

Just love the passive-aggresive tone of "some" of the comments in this thread.

Sorry - I'll try harder.  Wink

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2011, 07:51:21 AM »

I intend to offer surrender terms to 'Andrew' as not to further offend him.  But I AM getting tired of 'your' whining.
Really thought the thread had moved on to other things but two hours later there's you stirring things up again.

Again, see if you can R E A D this "if you don't like my posts, don't read them."

ps - Chicken of Depression, um, there's some credibility! Now go take you meds and you'll feel better in the morning.

Seriously, chill the f*** out. Now you're attacking people who haven't done sh*t to you. You have an issue with Andrew, that's one thing. That's between you two. There's no reason to jump on CoD's ass just because you have your panties in a twist. Stop this nonsense. Please.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2011, 10:32:03 AM »

I intend to offer surrender terms to 'Andrew' as not to further offend him.  But I AM getting tired of 'your' whining.

Seriously, chill the f*ck out. Now you're attacking people who haven't done sh*t to you. You have an issue with Andrew, that's one thing. That's between you two. There's no reason to jump on CoD's ass just because you have your panties in a twist. Stop this nonsense. Please.

Cry Cry Cry

Stop your whining Billy, chill the f*ck out. Now you're attacking people who haven't done sh*t to you.

Funny how you guy's don't see these little posts as pot shots.  Hypocrite!

I've stopped. AGD stopped......... you, COD. You zing me, I'll zing ya back

Jason
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »

Knock it off, or you're going to be banned. You started it. Don't call foul when people throw your sh*t back in your face. And testing the mods on this matter is not exactly going to end very well for you and your continued membership here. Just a thought.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx