gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:33:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: to all the baldwin haters  (Read 2557 times)
ghost
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »

what are you listening to your Smiley Smile on? to best appreciate how significant the organ is the album you should use good headphones that seal over your ears and adjust your EQ appropriately on whatever you're playing from. or a good speaker and preamp setup. the only speaker i have is a marshall guitar amp and i get it sounding pretty decent for beach boys albums in mono. i raise the bass & mids a lot. the bottle whistle thing in vegetables is hilarious. back to the organ - i really think the haters are not hearing it 'right' and thus not hearing the beauty in it. i don't know all the correct musical language and stuff but the sound of it has a very thick harmonic vocal blend like sound to it- which is why i think brian favored it highly. it passed for the beach boys at times, like a triple tracked ghost in the background. the low end of it sounds like mike love.

on fall breaks and back to winter the baldwin makes the track what it is. turn the bass up and FEEL IT DEEP INSIDE YOU.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 05:58:12 PM by ghost » Logged
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »

The Baldwin/Smiley Smile haters just don't know where it's at.

A little detail that i think a lot of people miss is in With Me Tonight, when the lyric "with me tonight" first comes in, there is a tremendous explosion of very, very low end bass in the organ, the sort of thing you feel more than hear. It sounds like everything in the world coming to a culmination. But it only happens once in the song! It's incredible though. Maybe Brian accidently stepped on a bass pedal there and happened to hit the right note. Hear it on good, STUDIO headphones.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
ghost
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »

A little detail that i think a lot of people miss is in With Me Tonight, when the lyric "with me tonight" first comes in, there is a tremendous explosion of very, very low end bass in the organ, the sort of thing you feel more than hear. It sounds like everything in the world coming to a culmination. But it only happens once in the song! It's incredible though. Maybe Brian accidently stepped on a bass pedal there and happened to hit the right note. Hear it on good, STUDIO headphones.

oh i've heard it before. a low frequency hum. be dum.

ghost
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »

tell me the baldwin gospel, brother. you say it good.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 06:56:04 PM »

holy sh*t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFmVCmM6kMA
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »

!!))()((]]{\][]|[ wOw !! That is brilliant. Thanks for sharing that. Is the organ built into the wall?

Give him the word that i'm not a rover!

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »

Do Gettin' Hungry

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiYREWBMug&feature=related

monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »

Do Gettin' Hungry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCwQVPCzSc

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

does anyone have the picture of brian in hawaii with his organ wearing a lei

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »

Woah! You're so right! Fab, but I only hear it on the 2001 master.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 04:34:16 AM »

does anyone have the picture of brian in hawaii with his organ wearing a lei

His organ was wearing a lei? 
ghost
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 08:10:27 AM »

Woah! You're so right! Fab, but I only hear it on the 2001 master.

it's on my japanese past masters
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx