gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:24:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: studio video  (Read 2236 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Hi gang...this is Adam Marsland.

I've completed a video for my home studio that includes sound clips and other information.  I can do pretty much anything here -- entire albums, sessions by mail, songwriting demos, vocal overdubs, etc., for much less than a big studio.

Have a look if you have the time...I'd love to help out some of the folks on the SS board if I can:

http://youtu.be/CkMTv_sj1F4

The website is here:

www.karmafrog.com

Thanks!
adam marsland
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »

That looks awesome! It's too bad I'm not in the L.A. area -- I switch off between northern Colorado and DC -- otherwise I would go there all the time.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:31:34 AM »

I do sessions by mail too.  Smiley
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

That's a really good price!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:47:01 AM »

I do sessions by mail too.  Smiley

Could you explain how that works ? I've not that much experience but it sounds interesting

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
puppet-pony
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »

I just tried this and hired Adam Marsland to record some drum tracks for a song and it worked brilliantly Smiley.

As I live in Norway, we did all the correspondence through e-mail. He went carefully forward and asked after making a draft and after making changes if I were displeased with anything or wanted things differently. He was very easy, friendly and not least professional to communicate with - which I consider a crucial combination as email correspondence on this kind of thing _could_ create misunderstandings and such boring things. I just received the drum tracks yesterday, so I haven't gotten the chance to start working on the song with these tracks yet, but isolated and in a draft with the song they sound excellent and beyond what I expected!

As far as trying out studio work through the internet for the first time goes, I highly recommend this Smiley
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 11:50:59 PM »

Thanks so much Nickolai!  I really am glad you were happy with the tracks...

Rocker, I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier, I didn't see your post.  Basically with digital, everything is in sync'ed time and usually to a ciick, so it's possible to send me (or anyone) a mix of a song you're working on, or a basic track, and have me overdub parts to it at my studio.  Then I can send the individual audio files (or the entire ProTools session, though this is more complicated) back via the internet and you insert them into your own ProTools file for mixing on your end.  Generally, because everything is in digital and is lossless and in time, there aren't any problems integrating the files.

There's all kinds of other ways it can be done...sending files to be mixed for example...but this is the basic concept of it.

Various things I've done by mail recently have included drum tracks and doing full-production masters from peoples' songwriting demos.  Basically, at Karma Frog I can do just about anything, from overdubbing instruments or vocals up to an entire album.

www.karmafrog.com is my website, or just e-mail me at cockeyedghost@gmail.com
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »

No problem !
Sounds interesting. Cool idea.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »

The board censored my e-mail!  Sad  People interested can hit me up at adamghost@aol.com as well....or find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/karmafrog
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx