gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:44:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions Price Thread.  (Read 39533 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2011, 01:12:08 PM »

checking Ebay, there's a seller that has 4 box sets available for $120 each, plus $4 US shipping:  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-BOYS-Smile-DELUXE-Storefront-box-5-CDS-2-LPs-book-and-singles-/320797779237?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4ab109a525

Kind of sad that this release isn't three weeks old, and this seller (apparently an independent record seller) is so convinced he'll never sell these profitably that he says he's selling them for a loss.

I don't doubt that he is losing money at this price, but I wonder if he's being a bit hasty.  This is a special release, and I'd be willing to bet that at some point in the near future, he may regret treating it as a "fire" (gratuitous Smile reference) sale item after only 18 days.  It wouldn't surprise if the box goes out of print relatively quickly (perhaps to be replaced with a CD-only box without such elaborate packaging).

Of course, we don't know how many he ordered or how big his shop/ how large a balance he can carry as a potential loss. 
Interesting to me that when I first saw the listing and posted it here, he was asking $120, and now he's down to $115. Might be worth waiting to see if he'll keep lowering the price... 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2011, 05:48:29 AM »

checking Ebay, there's a seller that has 4 box sets available for $120 each, plus $4 US shipping:  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-BOYS-Smile-DELUXE-Storefront-box-5-CDS-2-LPs-book-and-singles-/320797779237?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4ab109a525

Kind of sad that this release isn't three weeks old, and this seller (apparently an independent record seller) is so convinced he'll never sell these profitably that he says he's selling them for a loss.

I don't doubt that he is losing money at this price, but I wonder if he's being a bit hasty.  This is a special release, and I'd be willing to bet that at some point in the near future, he may regret treating it as a "fire" (gratuitous Smile reference) sale item after only 18 days.  It wouldn't surprise if the box goes out of print relatively quickly (perhaps to be replaced with a CD-only box without such elaborate packaging).

I would at least wait until after the Holiday season.  A lot of people that couldn't afford it on release day are hoping to find SMiLE under their Christmas tree.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »

Last weekend at the Utrecht CD/Record Fair (Netherlands) FAME Records sold these boxes for €  109,- a piece. I would have bought right away if I it wasn't for the fact that I ordered one, which is still on it's way from the U.S. to Europe.... (waiting for over 3 weeks now  Wall )

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »

Now $97.99 at Best Buy. 
jonsuissy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2012, 04:20:43 AM »

Just got new it for £79 from Amazon UK (in other options)
Get 'em whilst they last
Jon
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:54 AM »

I wonder what prices for these will jump to once they're deleted. Bearing in mind the silly money that the Steve Hoffman Pet Sounds vinyl now goes for, these Smile boxes could be quite an investment.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 31, 2012, 04:55:41 AM »

I wonder what prices for these will jump to once they're deleted. Bearing in mind the silly money that the Steve Hoffman Pet Sounds vinyl now goes for, these Smile boxes could be quite an investment.

Which is the Steve Hoffman issue?

Scrap that, found it
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:56:48 AM by mrmoustachioto » Logged

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 31, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »

One would hope this stays in print for a long while. At least until it's replaced with something similar.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx