gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:20:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: To have a complete SMiLE collection (10/13/11) *UPDATE to session inventory"  (Read 16583 times)
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »

Some H&V vocals questions (sorry if some of these are very obvious - I'm just a bit confuzzled)

1) The vocals found on the H&V found on an acetate under 12-22-66: The initial vocal sessions that produced these vocals are not available correct?  What we have in terms of lead vocals from the multi-tracks are actually from the re-record on 2-12-67?

2) On one of the mixdown attempts there is a lead vocal for the verse shared by Brian and Mike.  This only exists currently from this mixdown correct?

3) The session that produced the verse "At three score & five..." has never surfaced correct?  That verse only survives on the various mixdown attempts and of course on the "Cantina Mix"?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Jason
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2011, 11:41:21 AM »

Yes on all counts, however I believe the 2-12-67 session might be wrong; waiting on the box set and any other documentation to be 100% sure.
Jason
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2011, 10:28:52 PM »

Reformatted the list to be in order by date rather than by song.
darling
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 04:32:10 AM »

This is just a thought, but perhaps you could post a message on the first page describing the difference between "unbooted" and "uncirculated"? Just to avoid confusion.  Smiley

If it's listed with a track time, then it's probably fair to say that its circulating to a greater or lesser extent. I'd also imagine that it's circulating fairly freely otherwise there's not much point to listing it.
kregan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 01:55:32 AM »

Hey guys!

I've spent the past few days getting my collection in order for "the big day". As I've said before, it's great to finally have a list to go by. In order to keep the list as comprehensive as possible, I just wanted to throw in a few suggestions about "Good Vibrations." While the list does a great job categorizing the sessions themselves, I think there are a few bits and pieces that are missing: the 1983 Rarities LP mix (which is available in much better quality on the GV 40th Anniversary disc) and another mix of lead and backing vocal overdubs, timing 3:51, which can be found on Vigotone SMiLE, disc 2, track 1 as part of the 7:42 mix of that track. I am also wondering if there aren't any bits and pieces on the "A Pocket Symphony" cd that we may have missed as well. I will try to compare and contrast tomorrow to see if I can find anything, but if anyone else has any info, feel free to jump in and tell us what you know! Take care everyone! Speak soon!

Kev
Jason
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »

New updates based on information garnered from samples of the box set.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx