gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680873 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 12:25:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New commemorative releases  (Read 14067 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »

Something needs to include Beach Boys dolls with various outfits, accessories and snap-on beards!!!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:15:40 PM by Erik H » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 01:55:30 AM »

Something needs to include Beach Boys dolls with various outfits, accessories and snap-on beards!!!!

I want a Diane Rovell doll. Badly.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »

Is that of the lifesize, blow up variety Don?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2011, 03:52:18 AM »

Is that of the lifesize, blow up variety Don?

Yes.

chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2011, 05:06:09 AM »

I'm banking on a 20/20 box set in 2020.
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2011, 07:44:45 AM »

They should all have an action feature, such as

Mike Love, with hair loss action!
Brian Wilson, with weight gain action!
Dennis Wilson, with motorized pelvic action!

I can't think of anything for the others right now.

A broken man too tough to cry
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »

We need little accessories such as a  minature moog synth, dressing gown, Mini jukebox that plays Be My Baby, piano sandbox and  Banana and Louie figures for Brian, also can these dolls be part of an ongoing series? Like we could have present day Brian sitting behind a keyboard and early 60's skinny Brian. Also don't forget about dolls of Van Dyke Parks, Ed Carter, Full House era- John Stamos, Jeff Foskett, and Murry Wilson. Murry should have a his own special doll in which you pull a string on the back and he says phrases:

Murry Wilson:
"I'm A Genius, Too!", "What's the matter, you guys made too much money?", "Loosen up a little", "You're too tense", "Soft and sexy", "Syncopate it a little",
"OK fellas, you got any guts?", "I'm sorry to yell", "Let's fight for success".

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:02:38 AM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2011, 11:05:10 AM »

and Murry Wilson. Murry should have a his own special doll in which you pull a string on the back and he says phrases:

Murry Wilson:
"I'm A Genius, Too!", "What's the matter, you guys made too much money?", "Loosen up a little", "You're too tense", "Soft and sexy", "Syncopate it a little",
"OK fellas, you got any guts?", "I'm sorry to yell", "Let's fight for success".

You should be able to take out Murry's eye and Brian should make chewing moves and have a birthday cake as an extra

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »

Action figures of the whole band with wacky accessories based off real life (Brian- Dr. Landy/ bed and bathrobe, Al- Milkcrate/ dental set, Dennis- Manson family/ women set, Carl- guitar set/ backing band, Mike- talking action figure with a wives set/wacky wardrobe, Bruce- piano to write mushy songs, and David- Murray Wilson talking action figure.)

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Since Dennis was the surfer of the group his figure should have a big woody.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:19:56 AM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »

Since Dennis was the surfer of the group his figure should have a big woody.

You're talking about the woodpolice

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »

You should be able to take out Murry's eye

And when you take it out he should yell "Surge! Surge here!" and dig his fingernails into your shoulders.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

We need little accessories such as a  minature moog synth, dressing gown, Mini jukebox that plays Be My Baby, piano sandbox and  Banana and Louie figures for Brian, also can these dolls be part of an ongoing series? Like we could have present day Brian sitting behind a keyboard and early 60's skinny Brian.

Also early 90's skinny Brian, in his speedos.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2011, 04:36:09 AM »

I want a doll house. With all the suspects as action figures. A home studio. And a Charlie Manson doll.

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2011, 05:52:08 AM »

Al Jardine, syncopation action!
Carl Wilson, diplomatic answer action!
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »

Not included, but listed as "coming soon" on the package, is the bus that Al's waiting for.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »

Vosse Posse wacky adventure set. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »

Bruce Johnston, with pillow fight action!

A broken man too tough to cry
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

Bruce Johnston, with growing moustache and shortening of shorts action
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2011, 11:47:56 AM »

Bruce Johnston, with growing moustache and shortening of shorts action

Bruce Johnston with short shorts accessory*

*Actual size.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »

Brian Wilson comes (pardon the pun) with a Kung-Fu 'Action Grip' and one of the Ents from the Lords of the Rings toys...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2011, 05:45:12 PM »

That would be one helluva box set...think about all the songs/singles around that time, let alone material that didn't make it to the final cut....I honestly think 20/20 coulda been a 2-LP set...it's an Odds and Sods type of record, needed a couple of Friends' outtakes (We're Together Again, Time to Live in Dreams), an instrumental or two (Moni Kani or Leaves of Grass), and a couple more oddball, non-thematic related to rest of album tunes (Old Man River, Walk On By (yes just the snippet), Loop De Loop, etc) and BOOM, you gotta second disc that stands as tall as the first LP.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2011, 05:51:27 PM »

That would be one helluva box set...think about all the songs/singles around that time, let alone material that didn't make it to the final cut....I honestly think 20/20 coulda been a 2-LP set...it's an Odds and Sods type of record, needed a couple of Friends' outtakes (We're Together Again, Time to Live in Dreams), an instrumental or two (Moni Kani or Leaves of Grass), and a couple more oddball, non-thematic related to rest of album tunes (Old Man River, Walk On By (yes just the snippet), Loop De Loop, etc) and BOOM, you gotta second disc that stands as tall as the first LP.
Then think of all the sessions that would be collected and heard...sessions lead by almost everyone! Carl with I Can Hear Music...Bruce with Nearest Faraway Place and Bluebirds all over the Mountain...Dennis with All I Want To Do, Be With Me, Moni Kani, Never Learn Not To Love, Time to Live in Dreams, Celebrate the News)...be nice to have some Alan J lead sessions for Cotton Fields and Loop De Loop...Sessions with Murry: Breakaway and Won't You Tell Me...and of course with Brian: Cotton Fields, Do it Again, I Went to Sleep, Time to Get Alone, Old Man River, We're Together Again, etc.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »

Beach Boys Central?   Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 10:48:53 AM »

The shirt !!!!

http://www.beachboysstore.com/product/BB-SHIRT027/The-Beach-Boys---Endless-Summer-T-Shirt.html

BTW on the back of the shirt stands "Endless summer tour". Is this a vintage thing or a wink for a/the reunion tour ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:53:56 AM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx