-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Social Media
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 6172 times)
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

I am sorry if this has already been started or if no one cares for it....

I have a Twitter account and follow as many Beach Boys related 'tweeters' as possible but compared to many other bands/teams/sports there aren't many to follow! I just wondered if anyone on here has a twitter account that they wouldn't mind us all following? I'd like to read more about the Beach Boys and not whether someone is watching a reality show!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:59:09 PM »

Forget Twitter. All the cool kids are on Facebook.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:51:18 AM »

Social media's dull. Despite using facebook, it's tedious to see people liking friends' pics & posts. Such massive positivity & supportive attitude around puzzles at times. I wish nobody did it. There, I said it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 05:25:43 AM »

Social media's dull. Despite using facebook, it's tedious to see people liking friends' pics & posts. Such massive positivity & supportive attitude around puzzles at times. I wish nobody did it. There, I said it.

The good thing about social media, it's completely optional.   If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. 
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 05:38:23 AM »

The only social media I deal with is Facebook. It's the best way for me to keep up with the goings on of my relatives spread throughout the country.
I don't like politics and unfollow those who are extremists (no matter which side).
FB helped me know about Brian and Al's shows, along with other artists I follow.
Also local gardening events.

It's especially useful now as we have a hurricane approaching the US East Coast that could cause catastrophic damage later this week. I have family members who could be affected. There's a North Carolina meteorologist (Brad Panovich) who I really respect to give accurate information without getting all hysterical about it.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 05:47:58 AM »

The good thing about social media, it's completely optional.   If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. 
In that case, literally everything's optional. F.ex. if you don't like new "Ghostbusters", you don't have to see it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 05:54:40 AM »

In that case, literally everything's optional. F.ex. if you don't like new "Ghostbusters", you don't have to see it.

And I avoided it like the plague. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 05:57:51 AM »

OK but you voiced complaints about it, just like I did about social media. So...

KDS
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 06:01:58 AM »

OK but you voiced complaints about it, just like I did about social media. So...

Right, but you said you're on social media.   
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 06:10:03 AM »

It's 10-year-old account. I didn't say I use it daily. Maybe twice-thrice a year. The point is, I dislike the liking stuff, support friends stuff. It's in nutshell the same kind of complaints as yours about new "Ghostbusters". I voice what precisely I dislike about it. I witnessed it 1sthand & didn't like. I don't see what's difficult to get this point.

KDS
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:58 AM »

It's 10-year-old account. I didn't say I use it daily. Maybe twice-thrice a year. The point is, I dislike the liking stuff, support friends stuff. It's in nutshell the same kind of complaints as yours about new "Ghostbusters". I voice what precisely I dislike about it. I witnessed it 1sthand & didn't like. I don't see what's difficult to get this point.

Fair enough.   

Although it seems odd to me to dislike supporting friends, but to each their own. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: