gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680719 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 04:24:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney Preview - Heigh-Ho/Whistle While you Work/Tracklist  (Read 13280 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 06:46:25 PM »

http://brianwilson.com/disney/

Heigh-Ho/Whistle While you Work

I love it!  Great album cover!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:12:08 PM by SurfRiderHawaii » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
ghost
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »

It's already been posted but now we have a better link and first post place for it instead of lost in page six of the other thread.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »

It's already been posted but now we have a better link and first post place for it instead of lost in page six of the other thread.

I did a quick look at the multiple threads but didn't see it.  Assumed someone would have made a separate thread for this gem.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »

Musta missed this too:

In the Key of Disney Tracklist:
01. You’ve Got a Friend in Me (from Toy Story)
02. Bare Necessities (from The Jungle Book)
03. Baby Mine (from Dumbo)
04. Kiss the Girl (from The Little Mermaid)
05. Colors of the Wind (from Pocahontas)
06. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? (from The Lion King)
07. We Belong Together (from Toy Story 3)
08. I Just Can’t Wait to Be King (from The Lion King)
09. Stay Awake (from Mary Poppins)
10. Heigh-Ho/Whistle While You Work (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
11. When You Wish Upon a Star (from Pinocchio)

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »

I wonder if his version of When You Wish Upon A Star will sound like Surfer Girl?  Grin

I'm not sure if it's Disney, but am I the only one here who thinks Brian and his band would do a great version of the Peter and The Wolf theme?  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
ghost
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

I did a quick look at the multiple threads but didn't see it.  Assumed someone would have made a separate thread for this gem.

Page 6 of the In The Key Of Disney thread has a link to the song and the tracklist was posted in the same thread somewhere else.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »

Page 6 of the In The Key Of Disney thread has a link to the song and the tracklist was posted in the same thread somewhere else.

Wow, thanks, all has been revealed.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:08 AM »

I wonder if his version of When You Wish Upon A Star will sound like Surfer Girl?  Grin

I'm not sure if it's Disney, but am I the only one here who thinks Brian and his band would do a great version of the Peter and The Wolf theme?  Smiley

Talking with a mutual friend when the album was first announced, we made our preferred tracklists, and one of my wants was for "Wish..." with the "Surfer Girl" middle-eight: if that happens, you know who to thank.  Grin

My #1 preferred track was "Little April Showers". Oh well... ITKOD Vol 2, anyone ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 01:43:52 AM »

Talking with a mutual friend when the album was first announced, we made our preferred tracklists, and one of my wants was for "Wish..." with the "Surfer Girl" middle-eight: if that happens, you know who to thank.  Grin

My #1 preferred track was "Little April Showers". Oh well... ITKOD Vol 2, anyone ?

I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting this kind of creative interpretation. Really a delight!  Yes, let's have a volume 2!

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 02:13:48 AM »

Personally, I'd like to hear Brian bang out Loudly The Bell In The Old Tower Rings on the piano.  Grin

Let's see how many people get that reference.  Wink

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:18:56 AM »

....cricket.                 ....cricket.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »

Wondering if Van Dyke got to play piano again on "Bare Necessities"...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »

I can't BELIEVE they didn't do Little April Showers. I know it's the first thing many of us thought of when we heard the announcement....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

Apparently you can't have a modern day Brian record without an overload of bass harmonica!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
ghost
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »

Apparently you can't have a modern day Brian record without an overload of bass harmonica!

I can't get any clear answers either on whether this is at Brian's insistence or the Mertens / Foskett band attempt at recreating the classic mid60s BW sound. Not just the bass harmonica but the whole attempt at getting his old sound. Brian was progressing and evolving up until he started with his current band. Then it got stale.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:40 AM »

I can't get any clear answers either on whether this is at Brian's insistence or the Mertens / Foskett band attempt at recreating the classic mid60s BW sound. Not just the bass harmonica but the whole attempt at getting his old sound. Brian was progressing and evolving up until he started with his current band. Then it got stale.

If they're going to copy Brian's old sound they might as well get some Moogs in there.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:50 PM »

That's not Brian's fault though.  He's just a sweet guy and can't say "no".  I mean hell, you hire a bass harmonica player, and you never hear the end of it.

"Brian! Brian! Can I play?Huh Brian are you going to let me play?Huh"

"Yes Pete, you can play the f&*cking harmonica.  Again.  "

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »

Brian was progressing and evolving up until he started with his current band. Then it got stale.

More accurately, Brian was not writing, recording or appearing regularly until he started with his current band. That throwback sound was arrived at because it's what he responds to -- Darian has been extremely specific on this point.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »

Exactly, I don't understand the criticism levied at the band so often.  The only reason Brian's even touring is because of that band.  His music is timeless, he's going to record his music until he dies with that same sound.  The stuff on "Imagination", and other albums with the more 'contemporary' sound are dated and will die with Brian.  The 'wrecking crew' sound he uses now, and used back in the day, will live on and on. 
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:39 PM »

Personally, I'd like to hear Brian bang out Loudly The Bell In The Old Tower Rings on the piano.  Grin
Hunchback of Notre Dame? I love Alan Menken's work btw.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »

Hellfire!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »

Hunchback of Notre Dame? I love Alan Menken's work btw.
I actually didn't know what it was from. I've only heard what you hear in the first 15 or so seconds of this cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwSDcbHMrM

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:41 PM »

http://brianwilson.com/disney/

Heigh-Ho/Whistle While you Work

I love it!  Great album cover!

Kind of an odd choice to preview the album off; I didn't even hear Brian on this track.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 11:09:29 PM »

Awesomeman, I'm pretty sure he's the first "heigh, ho" you hear.

And Jay, I was thinking of this, which, while Beauty and The Beast, Lion King, Snow White and Fantasia are my fave Disney films, is probably the best opening to a Disney film ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4W0VkoUfM

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »

And Jay, I was thinking of this, which, while Beauty and The Beast, Lion King, Snow White and Fantasia are my fave Disney films, is probably the best opening to a Disney film ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4W0VkoUfM
Funnily enough I just watched this very clip about two minutes ago.  Grin I typed in "loudly the bell in the old tower rings" to try to identify the song in that Mickey cartoon, and that clip came up.

It would be interesting if Brian ever tried some symphonic/operatic styled music.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx