gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 03:31:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Group One & Group Two  (Read 4547 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:32:34 PM »

In what context. Rock and Roll singer or disturbed person ordered to perform like a monkey?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 08:38:23 PM »

In what context. Rock and Roll singer or disturbed person ordered to perform like a monkey?
you are flying!!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »

Painting at the moment. Must be the fumes! (serious)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:49:26 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
ghost
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

Man it's just Brian forced to conform to the lame ass culture around him and casting knowing looks from his intelligent eyes to those that are aware that "LOL YEAR I KNOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS BUT JUST DIG IT MAN"

His voice is amazing on it anyway if you dig the Brian Wilson voice in all its glory. Drive to the EDGE OF TOWN!!!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

I actually think that [as AGD called him recently] pothead / speed freak / acidhead Brian Wilson would dig his Landy self. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGfwkkm-GQI

Exactly my point. This performance is excellent.

I suppose a lot of pop singers in the 80s weren't much better. Although I will take Brain's music over most of their's any day!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
ghost
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:02 PM »

I actually think that [as AGD called him recently] pothead / speed freak / acidhead Brian Wilson would dig his Landy self. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGfwkkm-GQI

Exactly my point. This performance is excellent.

I suppose a lot of pop singers in the 80s weren't much better. Although I will take Brain's music over most of their's any day!

I'll tell you straight up why that performance is excellent as I said and show you that it's not just nonsense talk.

It takes major guts for Brian to do that particular performance. Just him on a big wide stage to a very mixed audience all looking equally bemused / confused / any variation of used. Dancing in a strange swagger. Singing a difficult song and sounding pretty damn awesome all in all. I drive to the EDGE OF TOWN - come on, this is a classic BW vocal.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 09:50:28 PM »

Well they would have wondered where Brian and Dave where, and also questioned who those two other guys were. Maybe they would have been surprised to see Al back. Nobody would have been shocked to see Mike bald Cry

They probably wouldn't have believed that the group would be successful without Brian.  I wonder what it would have done to Brian's ego?  He would have never pulled off all the great music he pulled off if he was insecure. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx