gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:47:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MURRY Picture Thread! + info too...  (Read 19110 times)
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »

I don't understand how anyone can think of Murry as a likeable person. That guy should've been locked up.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »

I don't understand how anyone can think of Murry as a likeable person. That guy should've been locked up.

Well then so should Brian for trying to give his daughter's drugs. For being a very irresponsible father. For making shocking financial risks with his company. For cheating on his wife and ignoring her.

See what I mean? We're all human and make bad mistakes.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »

Like everyone in the Beach Boys Saga... can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Watch out for snakes!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »

Well then so should Brian for trying to give his daughter's drugs. For being a very irresponsible father. For making shocking financial risks with his company. For cheating on his wife and ignoring her.

Sorry guy, but beating your kids isnt a mistake.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 03:37:30 PM »

Sorry guy, but beating your kids isnt a mistake.

I dunno. My Grandma used to whack her kids with frying pans. They have a totally normal, loving, respectful relationship now.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 04:15:21 PM »

I'm a child of the early 60s.  My dad beat the crap out of us growing....that was "normal" then.  By the standards of the day Murry was a "strict diciplinarian".  Twisted yes....but obviously nobody would have looked twice.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »

Which sparks the obvious question; Why have times changed? Why are Mother's now becoming the national disgrace when caught on video tape giving their kid a smack for being a pain? If at some point discipline was once accepted and encouraged, where did the line cross to cause some to reconsider?

One day if i have children I often wonder how I will discipline them. How will I teach them whichever lesson I hope to teach them? I am not a violent person by any means, but words sometimes simply do not work with people. Believe me, i'm not a Murry sympathizer but I wonder if we are turning into a generation of people who will pamper their children. Rarely do I hear of people getting strict punishments from their parents, more like a quick grounding, later forgotten about.

Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

I think it may have something to do with our far superior understanding of psychology and how experiences at certain ages impact young children.  I'm sure there are countless studies out there about the difference between people who grew up in abusive homes vs. people who didnt.  Just look at the Wilson brothers, particularly Brian.  Murry's childhood treatment of him had several lasting effects.  True, they weren't all bad...Murry tought Brian to work hard and be competitive, but he also screwed him up emotionally and made him very fragile.  Like Mark said, this was far more the norm back in those days.  But I don't think the change has anything to do with pampering the children of today...maybe it is just a shift in society that believes that there are more productive ways to discipline children.  I'm sure these old ways still happen in some households, but I for one cannot fathom intentionally inflicting pain on my own child.  I come from a family where calmly talking out problems was the best way to go, not beatings and tying kids to trees.  Murry was screwed up in the head, but in a much different way than Brian.  You use the example of Brian offering his kids drugs...the thing is, he was not what you would call sane when he did that.  Murry, on the other hand, beat his kids knowing full well what he was doing. 
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 11:15:32 PM »

When you do things on a regular base, they're not mistakes anymore. Murry was just a bad person.

And you can say a whole lot of negative things about Brian, but not that he's a bad person.
jonathan anderle
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 11:47:20 PM »

this cost me $1 at a flea market. someone later told me that i overpaid.
Sir Rob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 01:58:15 AM »

To hate Murry is to hate Brian.

We love to jump on Murry's back for doing what he may have done to his children, yet we keep what Brian may have done to his very hush hush.

When Brian aged he gained weight, stayed in bed, didn't shower or keep clean. These are all traits that dear old Dad had. They weren't so much forced into him as they were inherited from Murry to Brian.

Your apologia for Murry is outrageous.  Do you not think that Brian's problems as a an adult may not be in some way linked to his treatment by his father?  Also, if Brian's 'autobiography' is to be believed (and I know it's misleading in some respects but in this I think there might be more than a grain of truth) Murry himself was subject to brutal treatment by his own father.  That's not to excuse Murry's (or Brian's) behaviour, (as everyone ultimately has to take responsibility for their own actions), but it shows that ill treatment can be passed down the generations.  And what of Brian's behaviour to his own kids?  Yes, he was probably a poor father in many ways but despite, as you point out, inheriting some of his father's character traits, violence towards his children was one he had seemed to have made a conscious decision never to repeat.  As to the 'drugs' incident I just have to imagine the guy was completely out of his mind and didn't know what he was doing.  I don't think the same could be said for Murry's behaviour.

In history, we painted pictures grim.  The devil knows we might feel that way again.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 05:25:41 AM »

nice find johnathan!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »

Whoa -- is someone reading my mind?  Or my email?  I just got an invite on MySpace from MURRY himself!!

Check him out!

http://myspace.com/murrywilson

« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:07:02 AM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 06:56:03 PM »

Brian surely has some profound neurosis as a result of his childhood....we all do to one degree or another.  But Brian also suffers from Bipolar D/O and Major Depressive D/O which is nothing that can be "put" on someone anymore that can diabetes or cancer.  Murry is the archtype for Archie Bunker in many ways.  Can you imagine this square dude as the boys manager?  IMO the most abusive act Murry commited was selling the SOT catalog out from under Brian.  Clearly that did affect Brian in a deep way.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2006, 03:13:47 PM »

Murray selling the SOT catalog is his f*** you to Brian.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 10:15:07 PM »

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2006, 10:16:24 PM »

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2006, 10:17:11 PM »

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »

PongHit, I think you've captured all of his known moods.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2006, 08:38:04 AM »

I actually know a Murry in real life. My friend Joe's father is exactly like him. Same build, hair, voice, attitude as the guy. It's sad because he's ran my friend into the ground somewhat now that we're all growing up. As a younger kid Joe was always beaming and always smiling. Now with pressures from his dear old Dad to grow up he never smiles.

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2006, 10:01:58 AM »

A few years ago, there was an e-Bay auction for a promo kit from "Many Moods Of Murry Wilson."  It included a contact sheet-style promo picture with a couple of dozen small photos of Murry, each with a different facial expression.  I've never seen anything like it since, and didn't save the picture from the auction item (it was kind of small, so you couldn't really get a good view of the "many moods").  I think it went for around $100.  Anyone else ever see this item, either online or otherwise?
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2006, 01:05:20 PM »

—MURRY WILSON

—MIKE LOVE

—BRIAN WILSON
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »

He's a genius too, you know.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 10:49:12 AM »

Thursday, March 23, 2006     

My new book

Mar 18, 2006

Subject: My new book

Body: I'm currently working on a Murry Wilson biography that is tentatively titled, "I'm a Genius, Too" that will include many revelations. Right now its looking like a release date of November, 2006.

Domenic Priore, from his "myspace" blog

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx