gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:42:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is Brian recording?  (Read 7522 times)
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »

There have been several pictures posted on facebook of Brian in the studio over the past month, do we have any idea what is being recorded? Just curious.
Paulos
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »

I have no idea, it can't have been for the Disney or Buddy Holly album as they were completed awhile ago. It's very frustrating as all it ever says on facebook is things like 'Brian is busy in the studio' with no further information! Andrew, Peter, is there anything you guys can tell us about this?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »

Some talk last month or so that Brian was doing some new recordings of his older, unreleased material. Looking toward a future solo album, apparently.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »

If I was just going to pull something out of thin air, I'd guess that he's recording stuff he's written in the past, to send to Mike Love and have him add some stuff to it. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »

Some talk last month or so that Brian was doing some new recordings of his older, unreleased material. Looking toward a future solo album, apparently.

GIOMH II - Revenge of the Paley Sessions?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 04:13:47 AM »

it would be nice if we had a clue what it was that way we could debate and theorize about it until we're sick of it by the time it actually comes out
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 06:59:37 AM »

It would be cool if they do The First Time.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »

"Brian is busy in the studio".....he doesn't even have to be recording.

But the best guess is that he's recording previously written material.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »

I'd be excited about re-recordings of unreleased stuff, I guess. Might help him get over his writer's block, too. Keep him busy and he'll be happier.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 06:49:11 AM »

He's teamed up with Loren Dano to record the sound of one hand clapping
rogerlancelot
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

Maybe he's getting around to recording Brian Wilson Presents Sweet Insanity?
ghost
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »

He's teamed up with Loren Dano to record the sound of one hand clapping

the sound of one hand clapping is simply the sound of one hand clapping. there are no big answers! - charles manson 1967
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »

"The trouble with quotations on the internet is that you never know whether they're right" - Jane Austen

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
ghost
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »

"The trouble with quotations on the internet is that you never know whether they're right" - Jane Austen

Listen to the Manson sessions with Terry Melcher and Dennis Wilson .
rogerlancelot
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »

And what is the smell of one man crapping?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »

And what is the smell of one man crapping?

Looking back with Love

Can we get on topic again ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »

"Proud Mary"

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

"Proud Mary"

You mean that's what Brian's recording, or that's the smell of one man crapping?

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 07:32:19 PM »

in fact I found out from the voices in my head...err I mean an unidentified source that he is in the studio recording his upcoming polka cd he has reunited (after all these years of not reccording together)with Weird Al to record an oldies polka remix techno cd with a little bit of a spanish flair to it..it will be great!!!!! here are the songs rumored to be on the cd
1.the chicken dance
2.eat it (beach boys style)
3.macerana (a beautiful duet between Brian and Al (jardine) and Al (yankovic)
4.polka girls (new song)
5.the love polka (a new song co-written by Mike Love and Brian)
6.accordian to you (a brand new love song about how evertyhing is "according" to you ,you get it? accordian? according? yeah it took me awhile to get it too..
7.polka surfin (another brand new song)
8.forever polka (an unreleased Dennis wilson instrumental with brand new vocals by john stamos)

9.california polka(weird al doing a polka version of california girls.)
10.the polka car (a brand new car)
11.polka summer (a summer in paradise outtake duet with mike love)
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 03:59:36 AM »

Can we get on topic again ?

no harm in trying... If it were true that Bri is recording new versions of unreleased material, and it is also true that his team has learned their lesson from GIOMH and it will be done right this time, that would be great news to me. As we all know there is a wealth of possible choices.

Any dream selections?

the first ones that come to mind for me are:

"I Do" (Sweet Insanity)
"That Special Feelin"
"Oh Lord"
"I'm Beggin You Please"
and what the heck how about a definitive recording of "Sherry She Needs Me" that one has been attempted so many times and never gotten right
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:53:04 AM »

Actually, the article quoted in the Smile box thread reveals that Brian is writing again.

So I was wrong! After about four years of drought (he kept going for a bit after the TLOS songs, apparently), he's cranking out new tunes!

That's not to say some remakes aren't part of the mix -- and given BW's history, I'd be surprised if they weren't. But how delightful to know he still has the itch to write some original stuff.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:37 AM »

"I Do" (Sweet Insanity)

That might be my favorite unreleased Brian tune. Sounds like a hit (or like I'm crazy)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:40 AM »

Hoping he is writing new material for a reunion with the Beach Boys. Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »

Hoping he is writing new material for a reunion with the Beach Boys. Smiley

Interestingly Mike mentioned that Brian wrote some songs that he wanted Mike to write lyrics for. Maybe it's some of this mentioned stuff.....

- Jack Rieley
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »

I STILL want a properly finished version of "Can't Wait Too Long". 'Tis a mini-SMiLE unto itself.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx