gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:47:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concert for George  (Read 4142 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:21:47 PM »

for one, I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about thiswonderful dvd. 2, somebody, now i dont know if he's too knowledgable, but he said the remaining members of Badfinger were in the backing band, is this true? i dont know too much about george outside of the beatles unfort...tempted to buy concert for bangledesh

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:17:02 AM »

"Concert for George" is awesome.  I've only watched the film once..  I prefer to just play the full uncut concert.  It's so moving.  The performance of "Something" is absolutely breathtaking..  with all George's frends singing with such passion..  and I always tear up when Joe Brown does "I'll See You In My Dreams."  It's such a touching tribute.  Very well done!  Gives me the chills!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 05:23:56 AM »

i totally agree with you, I love the whole concert...hearing All Things must pass is beautiful....isnt it a pity sounds great...some stuff i hadnt heard of, like handle with care, which is really good...jeff lyne's vocals remind me of Roy Orbison's. Give me Love has to be my favorite song on there....I always tear up at i'll see you in my dreams

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Sir Rob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 05:49:18 AM »

i totally agree with you, I love the whole concert...hearing All Things must pass is beautiful....isnt it a pity sounds great...some stuff i hadnt heard of, like handle with care, which is really good...jeff lyne's vocals remind me of Roy Orbison's. Give me Love has to be my favorite song on there....I always tear up at i'll see you in my dreams

Surprised you haven't heard of 'Handle With Care' that's The Travelling Wilburys also featuring Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty (perhaps that's why Lynne's vocal reminded you of Orbison - is it the "I'm so tired of being lonely" bit?).  From memory the song definitely features Harrison, Dylan and Orbison on lead vocals but probably the other two also.

In history, we painted pictures grim.  The devil knows we might feel that way again.
jdavolt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:22:39 AM »

Very good show. As for Badfinger...no, no Badfinger members are on the 'Concert for George'. They are, however, on 'Concert for Bangladesh', so that might be what your friend was thinking of. Yeah, I think Jeff sings the Orbison lines in HWC on CFG as well as his own...

I will sue this blog and the owner
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 09:04:08 AM »

i knew who was in the TR, but never heard the stuff, I thought most was unreleased or rare. I figured that was Roy's part...just sounded like him. It's just wierd to think of all those guys in that band, i figured there'd be a personality clash or so

~post of the century~
-Mikie

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:59:52 PM »

Well I remember this story that they were at Jeff's house and  TP drove up in his brand new Corvette and Roy was already there I believe and they went out to look at Tom's new car.

So they open the hood of the Corvette and then none of them had any idea how to put the hood of the car back down.  So they literally spent a half hour in front of the house with their heads under the car trying to get the hood down.  Then they went inside and wrote "You Got It"

Later.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx